Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-12-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
Well I can meet the challenge for the week. Soda's are easier to give up as we approach cooler weather. I hope sparkling water is okay, I like bubbles.
I am finding that the idea of a sweet to nibble on is fading. That is a good thing as I am diabetic.

I made the best soup last night. I will post the link. It is an Ina Garden recipe - Mexican Chicken Soup. Just as salads are great especially in the summer when on a diet. I think fall and winter wight loss can be helped by soup. This one has lots of vegetables in it.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...ipe/index.html

I am down from yesterday and hope more loss today. Tomorrow I am going to a friends house to quilt. It will be a pot luck. I am bringing the salad.

Friday I am going to the Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara. This will be my 3rd year of attending this festival. I love seeing all these spectacular quilts all in one place. If you are anywhere in Northern California, I highly recommend it.
Wow,that sounds good.I am going to make that next time it's cold.I just learned about taco soup too.I'm going to make that too.It looked good.(and easy!)The recipe was on you-tube.And I am going to meet the 5 pound challenge this month.If I can get 5 off this month,and 5 off next month,that's my 10 pounds I will get back off I just gained.I am working on it really hard.Hang in there and keep it up.It will pay off huge.One gal gave up pop and lost 30 pounds rather quickly because of the calories she cut out.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
I am excited to get the final results of the biopsy. All margins are clean, (they got all of the cancer), lymph nodes negative. As the surgeon said I had the best type of cancer, complete removal via surgery. No chemo or radiation will be needed. Surgery was the best option for the type of cancer I did have the research says it does not respond at all to chemo or radiation. It is fed by hormones.

The pain that I am feeling is normal according to the surgeon. Now for the healing to continue and I will be making a follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist to see if I need to do any rehab after the removal of 2/3rds of a lung.
Awesome news. It is great to hear that you have the cancer out, and no chemo or radiation. Prayers that your complete healing will be fast.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by mim
reading the recipe for squash made me think -- I haven't had spaghetti squash lately. A great way to have my pasta sauce and meatballs. -- Thanks
They have some real good cookbooks on www.prdiabetes.com that are actually delicious, but healthy foods that all of us have not tried in some time. Its always good to feel good while we eat what tastes good :)
Old 10-12-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by doris.meek13088
Is this something you do every month?
Doris, if you are referring to the weight loss thread and support group/ yes, we meet here every month. At the end of the month we have an average loss of over 75 pounds from our assorted accumulative members.

I am still feeling punky but moving more and glad to be home.

Cindy, wonderful news that they have all the cancer! I am so happy for you.

For those of you that are cooking, I would like 12 of each of your products. I'm not sure that I would eat them all, but I sure would be happy trying.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I am glad that we do not live close as I love fresh baked anything.

I am losing...this morning on the scale the numbers were much lower. I'm waiting for the weekend to see if this is "real" or not.

Keep on working on your goals. Nothing happens if you don't change. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing in the same way and expecting a different result.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:29 PM
mim

I am so happy for you -- what a relief it is to be free of that hanging over you
Mim

Originally Posted by BARES
Originally Posted by createfourpaws
I am excited to get the final results of the biopsy. All margins are clean, (they got all of the cancer), lymph nodes negative. As the surgeon said I had the best type of cancer, complete removal via surgery. No chemo or radiation will be needed. Surgery was the best option for the type of cancer I did have the research says it does not respond at all to chemo or radiation. It is fed by hormones.

The pain that I am feeling is normal according to the surgeon. Now for the healing to continue and I will be making a follow-up appointment with the pulmonologist to see if I need to do any rehab after the removal of 2/3rds of a lung.
Awesome news. It is great to hear that you have the cancer out, and no chemo or radiation. Prayers that your complete healing will be fast.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 PM

As most of know, I have been spending the last few weeks with Cathie both here at my mom's house and at her house in Nebraska. Gosh I so love her!

Today the neatest thing happened. I graduated from the IMPACT program to the CARE program. The impact program is the psychiatric program here for schizophrenics. They bring our meds to us twice a day seven days a week and we see case managers daily as well. The program is AWESOME. It is so awesome because it really saved my life when I needed the help the most. AND...it is totally free of cost to us.

Now...because I no longer need that kind of supervision or help with my meds or my symptoms I have been graduated out of the program and now I am in the CARE program. I only have to see my new case manager on Fridays when I fill my med box. YAYAY!!

Anyway...that is what is going on with me!

Missy
Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 PM

Good evening ladies. A wild day for me. I hope I'm not speaking jibberish.

Thanks to everyone who commented on topics for Josh. I am adding them all to a list for him to consider. He has to submit his topic next Friday, so he has time to consider his choices. Yes,mim and Murphy1,thank you - he is brilliant. He is on track to graduate as Valedictorian in May. He is a student of the International Baccalaureate program; takes the hardest classes offered; has a 5.5 gpa on a 6.0 scale; will graduate with 7 math credits and 6 science - all IB ranked classes. He works damn hard.

Pam_H, of course soda is medicinal. I've long confessed that Dr Pepper cures headaches. Hope you are better.

plainpat, I love spaghetti squash. Wish it were cheaper. Last one I picked up was over $10! I bought a family pack of steaks instead for the same price.

Cindy, that is wonderful news! Now we just need for you to heal. Take care. Hope you are resting well.

Judy, how exciting that your Carpenter Star is such a hit - but not a surprise. It is gorgeous.

I got in an elliptical workout this morning, then walked 4.33 miles home from the gym. Knees are a bit sore. I hope they are better in the morning so I can do a TurboFire workout. Eating is way off..............too busy. I have to be too many places at the same time. Gonna throw something in the crock pot tomorrow - probably have eggs for lunch. Wish I had some muffins for breakfast.

I think I need a holiday.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
As most of know, I have been spending the last few weeks with Cathie both here at my mom's house and at her house in Nebraska. Gosh I so love her!

Today the neatest thing happened. I graduated from the IMPACT program to the CARE program. The impact program is the psychiatric program here for schizophrenics. They bring our meds to us twice a day seven days a week and we see case managers daily as well. The program is AWESOME. It is so awesome because it really saved my life when I needed the help the most. AND...it is totally free of cost to us.

Now...because I no longer need that kind of supervision or help with my meds or my symptoms I have been graduated out of the program and now I am in the CARE program. I only have to see my new case manager on Fridays when I fill my med box. YAYAY!!

Missy
This is good news. I know you have worked hard for this!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:39 PM

Congratulations, Missy! That is a huge accomplishment!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 PM

Missy, that is the BEST news! I am sure that it is such a relief for you to feel more free. The IMPACT program was probably good for discipline and retraining you to be in a better space, as well as other things you got from it. HAPPY GRADUATION!!!!

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy