Small World Coincidences

Old 02-16-2011, 04:05 PM

My son from my third marriage married my first husbands daughter from his second marriage
retiac
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM

These are fun to read. Keep them coming, Quilters!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM

I moved from Oregon,Oh to San Diego and met my cousin who was from Canton,Oh Our Grandfathers were brothers I was in the apt.s pool and this guy looked just like my older brother I tried not to stare but e finally spoke to me and said that Ilooked like his G/A Cleo -my GM.Our family had reunions every summer and some how we never met as kids
Old 02-16-2011, 05:11 PM

I moved from Oregon,Oh to San Diego and met my cousin who was from Canton,Oh Our Grandfathers were brothers I was in the apt.s pool and this guy looked just like my older brother I tried not to stare but e finally spoke to me and said that Ilooked like his G/A Cleo -my GM.Our family had reunions every summer and some how we never met as kids
Old 02-16-2011, 06:09 PM

love these stories.
my husband and i have crissed crossed each other paths many times but never met till we both moved from va to ca in 1980, we found that we only lived 20 min away and his ex worked the sub shop across the street my ex worked and always got lunch for the office at. Then we were thumbing through a health book one day and it had a chart that when i was born my mom woould of gotten pregnant on his birthday. so we always tease that while is was being bought into the world i was being made. another strange thing is that his ex wife and i have the same ssn with only the last number that is different.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:33 PM

My first husband was born on his fathers birthday. Our son was due on husbands birthday. Was early.

My second husband was born on his fathers birthday. Our son was due on husbands birthday. Was early.

Now if I guy asks me out, I ask if he was born on his fathers birthday. I will never again date one of those.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:29 PM

I got one too. My husband's mother has the same birthday as my father, his sister has the same birthday as my brother, his niece has the same birthday as my niece, another of his niece's has a birthday the day before another of my nieces. His nephew has the same birthday as our daughter. One of his uncles went to school with my mother which was not know until the wedding.

My supervisor at work has the same birthday as I have and while talking about that it was discovered that we grew up in the same neighborhood, blocks from each other. Our first names are the same with the last name being different only by the last letter. WE now live in the same county and we both have a son with the same name. We went to the same high school but at different times and did not know each other until this job.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 PM

My husband's cousin was my mother's room-mate in College. In fact, My dad dated the room-mate first.
My husband's sister was the best friend of my dad's cousin's daughter.
My Father in law rented farmland from my dad's cousin.
In the '80's, My inlaws owned a house across the street from the park my mother played in, in the '30's.
But my husband and I never met until he was thirty, and not through any family connection: we didn't know any of this until several years after we married.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 PM

Last summer we went to Mackinaw Island with some friends. On the ride in a carriage my friend was talking with an older couple. Finds out the man is from the the town next to where she grew up. My friend was talking to her mother later that week and told her mother this mans name. Turns out the mom dated this man but ended up marring the other man that was on the double date. My friend runs into people all the time from this little town in Iowa.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:37 PM

As I've said my husband grew up in tiny Cordell, OK. I grew up in Houston, TX. The guy I dated before my husband and I met was named George Freeman who also lived in Houston. One of my husband's FFA (Future Farmers of Am.) projects in high school was a cow he named Ralphie. Named him after the rancher who sold him the cow - Ralph Freeman. The uncle of the guy I was dating at the time. I didn't know he even had relatives in OK. And can't for the life of me remember how any of this ever even came up in conversation!