Illegal to be happy?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I'm a glass half full kind of person. I try to see the positives in my life. I refuse to dwell on the negative. I won't spend time with people who try to bring me down. We all have bad days but some people seem to constantly wallow in their misery!
I agree, life is too darn short for that! :D :-D :-D
I agree! I like to be around happy people and I like to laugh! Fun friends are awesome!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I consider myself to be a happy person (not ivory tower, just content). I'm noticing that a lot of the people around me are 'miserable' people - give them 5 sec & they'll tell you all about it. Some are just mean enough that if they find out you are happy/content, they want to pull you down with them?

Is it so wrong to just be happy/content?
Redkimba

I always try to be positive, supportive and/or upbeat. I strive for happiness, and try to disregard the negative or miserable people/comments. So I must say that while I agree with you, just ignore the negative comments and reply with happy/positive comments!
Have a great day!
TreeFrog
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Power Poster

i noticed when i tell people how happy i am, they smirk, i think they're jealous. i try to keep around upbeat people, and avoid the downers.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:35 AM

Cheerfulness is a choice IMHO. And I choose to be happy, cheerful & pleasant whenever I can. That is most of the time. I battle depression and have learned that I can keep it under control by positive thoughts, cheerful choices & kindness. And I count my blessings many times throughout the day. So no it is not illegal. Personally I think God wants us to be happy with all of the blessings he has blessed us with. Even bad or sad things that happen, there is always something to learn or gain. Sorry for mentioning my God but that is just me. Without him I could do nothing.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:53 AM

My MIL says 'Dont sweat the petty things-Pet the sweaty things-My SIL says It ain't nothin-but-thing and I just smile and encourage doom-sayers to smile and to pass it along -Smile-it- forward
Old 02-17-2011, 01:44 PM

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you'll cry alone.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM

Being happy is infectious...may be we can infect some of these crabapples.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:41 PM

I am Happy all the time now.. I met the greatest man after my husband left me after 35 years for a younger (!@#$%$^$^). I Have known this person for quite awhile. We have so much in common. His wife did the same thing to him. They were together 23 years, Hes been alone for 6 years. We laugh all the time. Hes great.. May be younger than me but whats age.. We just have such a good time. No hiding, no guilt. He has what I tell my daughter to look for one with a great job own home own car. A responsible person. lol Mamma found one before her..
Old 02-17-2011, 05:00 PM

people have to choose to be happy. there are plenty who will never be happy because they really don't want to be. and they can easily drag you down with them. my ex was one of them. he was a drama king. he'd play up a hangnail. it has really been so pleasant not to have to hear that day after day. i'm not depressed anymore and my blood pressure has gone down since he left. it turned out to be a good thing.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:21 PM

It is absolutely, without a doubt, completely against all laws to be happy. My suggestion is to break every one of them every day with great gusto!

Terry -- in Northern Delaware