Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Enough already >
  • Enough already

• Enough already

Old 04-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I agree! Thank you for saying what I was thinking.
    Yep!! My thoughts exactly!!!
    Old 04-05-2011, 02:28 PM

[quote=gaigai]
    Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
    OK people, enough already!
    Sorry TreeFrog, I have to respectfully disagree. I am in a profession that uses computers constantly, and I know that these kind of issues would not be tolerated for more than 24 hours. There is really no excuse for this to have dragged on for this long, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.
    And your boss has to pay a fortune for that 'service'.
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Slow service is frustrating - although I didn't know if it was an internet connection or this particular site causing this issue.

What is more annoying, to me, is that adults can't disagree without being snarky.

And although I don't get ads, I thought it was b/c of a popup blocker on my computer, as I've had ads pop up when I was on this site while at other computers? So now I'm wondering - really - how it works?
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by 3TreeFrog
    OK people, enough already! The wonderful people are trying their best to fix this wonderful board, let's leave them alone and stop with this "it's slow", "it's taking too long" and "it's been a week already", "the link wasn't blue" and so on!

I am not one of the people trying to fix the board, however I am tired of the complaining! Even though all those things are bothering you, you did get on the board to complain! Stop the pressure and let them get their job done as best they can. Working on a computer is more complex than some people can imagine.

To those of you who are working to fix the board and I might add while it is up and running, I for one think that you are doing a wonderful job, I like the changes and appreciate what you have done for the board and in turn for us!

THANK YOU, YOU ARE APPRECIATED.

TreeFrog
    Very greatful for their hard work and dedication
    :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:21 PM

[/quote]

Sorry TreeFrog, I have to respectfully disagree. I am in a profession that uses computers constantly, and I know that these kind of issues would not be tolerated for more than 24 hours. There is really no excuse for this to have dragged on for this long, in my never-to-be-humble opinion.[/quote]

I think professional use of a computer is a totally different issue. I come here at no cost of my own and I just totally appreciate being able to feed my addiction at no out of pocket expense. So thanks to those who help me with that even though there may be computer issues. Thanks to them for doing their best to fix it.
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM

The owners of this board need to know what is going on from a consumers point of view and convenience with their internet service, Good , Bad or indifferent.

We are consumers.
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Titled: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT --- WEBSITE MAINTENANCE ON TUESDAY, MARCH 29 2011

This was posted on page 13, 6th post from the top

..."Again, please report all technical problems by either sending a pm to the Admin account, or by sending a regular email to [email protected]"

This backs what I was trying to say, let the mods know by private message or by email PLEASE.

TreeeFrog
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Hey TreeFrog......Ignore the grumps...LOL! The administrators of this board will get the bugs worked out in due time. If people can't understand this then if they allow themselves to get frustrated enough to piss of the new people that are running this board, by constantly complaining, to the point of them shutting down the board well then......that would indeed be a shame now wouldn't it.

Chill out peeps, relax, do some quilting, have a cup of coffee or tea and let the admins relax and get their job done. After all, this board is priviledge, it is free for us, don't be so demanding.
    Old 04-05-2011, 03:58 PM

Amen!!!!
    Old 04-05-2011, 04:03 PM

It's better that they do the maintance on it in stead of have it go down. I haven't said much about it as the maintance is needed and updates to keep the board up and running.