Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Have you ever had a problem with make-up? >

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Have you ever had a problem with make-up?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:36 PM

We use coconut oil at our house. We are four adults and we each have a 54oz container in our bedrooms and another in the kitchen for cooking.
We use it all over our bodies.
Donna

http://www.amazon.com/Nutiva-Organic...2244352&sr=8-1
Old 04-08-2011, 12:59 PM

As I stated before I also have Rosecea. I tried the topical creme and it dried the skin so the Dr. gave me Tetracycline. In the beginning I took one 250 mg tablet every other day. Once it wa under control I now take one tablet a week and never have trouble. I use all Clinique products and have good results.

Just thought some of you might be interested.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:49 PM

I've had ultra-sensitive skin all my life, and as an adult I have Rosacea. The things people like me can usually use (like Clinique cleanser or makeup, mineral makeup and Cetaphil) make my skin burn, even to blistering with Cetaphil.

The best cleanser I've ever used, hands down, has to be Pond's Cold Cream. I don't know why - it violates just about every rule there is - but it's awesome for me. I even use it as a moisturizer before bed. I can also use Arbonne's RE9 night creme, but it's FAR more expensive. I use Philosophy's Hope in a Jar and The Present under my makeup because the Pond's is too heavy for daytime.

I can't go out without full makeup because I need the physical barrier between my skin and the sun, as well as against environmental pollutants (and there is no way I can put any kind of sunscreen on my face). Strangely Lancome has been the best liquid foundation and powder for me. I'm currently using Revlon ColorStay because they didn't have my color at Lancome last time, and so far, so good, as long as I take it off (with the Pond's) as soon as I get home.

You have to try, try and try again until you find what works best for you. Certainly try to see a dermatologist, but it will probably take a while to get an appointment. In the mean time, just experiment and see.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:40 PM

It sounds like exema. Sometimes hair spray will cause my ears and eyelids to break out.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:09 PM

I want to thank everyone who responded to this message and by pm. I've read all of them and to the many who mentioned different soaps, laundry detergents, etc. the answer is no I haven't changed any of those things. I change all of my make-up every three months. (I change make-up and toothbrushes at the change of seasons--that is what helps me remember.) I have been using warm water only on my face for one week and starting tomorrow I am going to start adding one thing back a week at a time. I have not had any problems this week while not using any make-up. I am guessing that my best bet will be to change to a mineral based make-up. Thanks again to all of you who took time to respond; I really appreciate your comments.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

Why do you need makeup? You are beautiful just the way you are!!
Old 04-09-2011, 09:30 PM

That does sound like an allergy. Stop using it, take some allergy meds until it clears up. Then add the products back one at time as said before to find out what it is.
I have the very same problem with Mary Kay products. One idiot consultant told me at my friends party that her products were "hypoallergenic" and it could not possibly cause skin problems. She was very condescending about it. LOL! I let her put it on my face which turned red as a beet in only 3 minutes. She changed her tone real quick after that! It was worth the red face!
I am thinking, because you did not mention foundation, that it is the moisturizer. When you try it again use it only on a small area to test it!
Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM

Well, it didn't take long to figure it out. I have hives again on my eyelids, along my jaw line and in various spots on my face and in my hair. I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow because I hesitate to put anything around my eyes. I took some Benadyrl this evening but so far the itching hasn't stopped.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Change your mascara every three months. It will pick up grms and cause reactions on your eye lids.
Carol
Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Carol Sheldon
Change your mascara every three months. It will pick up grms and cause reactions on your eye lids.
Carol
I have done that for quite a few years now--something I didn't know when I was young.

FREE Quilting Newsletter