Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
Please come to our Meet & Greet Friday,  June 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm. 5 & 20 Restaurant, Shipshewana, Indiana, USA (This is being held the same time the Shipshewana Quilt Show, Topeka Quilt Show, and Quilt Shop Hops for 8 Quilt Shops in the Area, lots o >

Please come to our Meet & Greet Friday, June 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm. 5 & 20 Restaurant, Shipshewana, Indiana, USA (This is being held the same time the Shipshewana Quilt Show, Topeka Quilt Show, and Quilt Shop Hops for 8 Quilt Shops in the Area, lots o

Please come to our Meet & Greet Friday, June 24, 2011 at 6:00 pm. 5 & 20 Restaurant, Shipshewana, Indiana, USA (This is being held the same time the Shipshewana Quilt Show, Topeka Quilt Show, and Quilt Shop Hops for 8 Quilt Shops in the Area, lots o

Old 05-31-2011, 03:33 PM

I'm not going to be going this time...

but I did get a traveler's brochure from the County and it's awesome. It lists all the places to go to (restaurants, shops, hotels, bed and breakfasts). It has great maps too

Throwing it out there in case someone needs to order a free one.

http://www.backroads.org/
Old 05-31-2011, 03:56 PM

I signed up! Barring the unexpected we will def. be there.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Google Goddess

thanks for the link for the free brochure

I sure wish you could of come to this one, I will let you know when I have another one set up, We will miss you on June 24th

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
I'm not going to be going this time...

but I did get a traveler's brochure from the County and it's awesome. It lists all the places to go to (restaurants, shops, hotels, bed and breakfasts). It has great maps too

Throwing it out there in case someone needs to order a free one.

http://www.backroads.org/
Old 06-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Google Goddess

Hello Everyone,

I was just talked to B.Louise on the phone and was wondering if any of you coming early and if so what day.

The 8 quilt shops (Shop Hop is open from 8:00 am. to 8 pm and on Saturday 8 -6 pm)

The Topeka Quilt Show ends on Thursday, anyone planning on going to that show.

Also Shipshewana Quilt Show is fun to attend.

I can't wait to meet all of you and be sure to bring show and tell for the meet and greet and we are planning on some demonstrations by some of our members. Will be a fun evening.

Anyone else planning on coming if so please post a message here and send me a private message. We will have lots of room for all of you. I have reserved the banquet room at US 5 and US 20 restaurant.

Craftybear
Old 06-16-2011, 02:07 PM

I can't wait to meet all of you. Hubby is not even moaning and groaning. We both took Friday off. We will head over early Friday morning.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Google Goddess

Yipppeee, what are you planning on doing on Friday morning???

Shipshewana quilt show opens up at 9:00 am.

and 8 quilt shops for shop hop open from 8 - 8 on Friday

Be sure to bring show and tell with you

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I can't wait to meet all of you. Hubby is not even moaning and groaning. We both took Friday off. We will head over early Friday morning.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:16 PM

Well, I think it will be shopping, quilt show, shopping, food, shopping, shopping and dinner. Then we plan to drive to South Bend and spend the night and the on Sat. probably hit Erica's and the Christmas tree store for some shopping. Then we will head home. :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 06-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Google Goddess

cool, sounds like a fun fun days for both of you

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
Well, I think it will be shopping, quilt show, shopping, food, shopping, shopping and dinner. Then we plan to drive to South Bend and spend the night and the on Sat. probably hit Erica's and the Christmas tree store for some shopping. Then we will head home. :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 06-16-2011, 04:53 PM

I've been talking with Crafty Bear, and I'm excited about the M and G! I'm planning to meet her on Th. at the Topeka showaround 9:00 a.m. (She's going to get up really early to get there by then.)There's lots of things available for purchase there. Then we'll shop-hop to Emma Town, Rome City, LaGrange and maybe Middlebury.

On Friday, we hope to meet up with board members at the Shipshe show around 9:00 a. m. After that we'll take in the shops around Shipshe.

The 6:00 dinner at 5 and 20 will be lots of fun with show and tell and several quilt demos. Crafty Bear says there is still room for more to come for the dinner. She's reserved a private room. So if you want to come, post a notice here and send Crafty Bear a pm, as she's keeping track of who we hope to meet. It'll be fun! When there have been meetings other times, I haven't been able to go, so this is my chance!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:13 PM
Google Goddess

Anyone going to the Shipshewana quilt show on Friday morning???

B. Louise, Gmaybee and I are planning on being there about 9:00 am. shop shop shop