Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone seen the commercial....? >

Has anyone seen the commercial....?

Has anyone seen the commercial....?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 AM

I liked the commercial. It is a well loved and used quilt. Some some people make quilts to look at and some to use. Clearly this one was meant to be used. If you are concerned about a quilt's treatment but want one for picnics, etc, buy a cheaply made one in a store and save your handmade ones for home and family. Take care.
Linda
Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Power Poster

I will have to watch for it!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:07 AM

I loved the commercial! It made me feel like the quilt was important to the whole family!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Maybe Maytag should have put a disclaimer that said "No quilts were actually harmed during this commercial". Knowing how they shoot commercials, I doubt one was 'hurt'.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:41 AM

I've seen that commercial and thought -- that quilt is sure loved by that family. I think many of us, myself included, think that every quilt has to be this beautiful piece of art. Whether it's the block pattern or the machine quilting that makes us feel that way, not every quilt is a showpiece. Some are just meant to drag around and be loved and this commercial shows just that. It's a simple squares quilt not some fancy thing. I don't feel sad to see it dragged around. Makes me smile. Even my husband commented on it and agreed.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 AM

Has any one thought of contacting the product and letting them know how sorry you feel about the quilt? I didn`t see it yet!
Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by ShowMama
Has anyone seen the commercial with the little boy dragging around a quilt at a picnic. He wraps up in the quilt, then uses it for a cape. It's spread on the ground for the picnic, then he knocks over a drink on it. So back at home Mom washes the quilt and it looks good as new. (I think the commercial is selling detergent, but I'm not sure.:) Mom puts it back into the car, but when the car drives away the quilt is hanging outside under the hatchback door! My husband even said, "Poor quilt!" when he saw that. At least the "poor quilt" was loved and being used as it was intended.
Yes, I saw that, too. My first thing I noticed was QUILT. It was funny to see what it went through on that picnic but just showed how much they should be used.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:10 AM

That commercial is for Maytag, and I just love it. You can find it on Food Network
Old 05-05-2011, 10:31 AM

I haven't seen that one, but I did see an episode of Auction Hunters (think that's the name). It's the two guys who go to auctions of storage units. Well, the other day they dragged out a box and started taking out what was in a box. It was a motorcycle engine -- WRAPPED IN A QUILT!!!!!!! My eyeballs popped out of my head!!! They gave no thought to the qult, but were very excited with the engine!!! It wouldn't surprise me if they simply threw away the quilt!!! I can't believe ANYONE would take a beautiful quilt and use it to wrap up a motor!!!!! :shock: :shock: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: SHAME ON THEM!!!!! :evil:
Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM

As soon as that commercial comes on, my daughter says " Don't say a word, we all know that they are disrespectful to the quilt". I just think that they could have used a blanket or something else.