Hobbies

Old 05-25-2011, 01:11 PM

If I didn't have my crafts to do I would go CRAZY!!!
Old 05-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Me too. I cannot without my hands being busy. I'm either binding a quilt, making mittens, scraves, doilies. Checking new recipes OR checking on this QB. lol
Old 05-25-2011, 02:08 PM

I do wish I were a better housekeeper. If you only had to do it once, it wouldn't be so bad. I love my fabric, sewing machines and all the other junk I do. I may be unorganized and messy, but I can usually find what I'm looking for. Besides that, a lot of girls like to clean stuff.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM

I think having hobbies shows a life long curiosity about the world. My husband and I always say that Someday will be the longest day of our lives because there are so many things we want to do someday. The thing I find frustrating is that I don't have any friends who quilt and I love to share the planning. That is why I come here.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:31 PM

I know Anna, there are lots of fun people here. And as soon as you post a pic or anything, you're getting compliments right & left or advice if you need it. Love it!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:04 PM

I feel the same way. None of my friends have hobbies. It is so strange. What do they do with their time??? That is why I like this board so much!!

Originally Posted by pjaco
i have no friends that quilt. In fact, I don't think any of my friends have hobbies. How do they go through life without any distractions?? I have to have an escape.
Old 05-25-2011, 03:08 PM

I had a dear friend in her 80's when I met her. She was most delightful and sharp as a tack. She had many hobbies and interests and told me that I should begin NOW (I was 26 at the time) to develop interests and hobbies because one never knows which of our skills might be taken away from us due to unforseen circumstances. I took her at her word and learned to throw pots, do oil painting as well as water color painting, quilting, specialty baking, caligraphy, singing,---well, you get the picture! I am never bored and have met many interesting people in the course of my life--am 75 now. I say that was good advice!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:08 PM

I had a dear friend in her 80's when I met her. She was most delightful and sharp as a tack. She had many hobbies and interests and told me that I should begin NOW (I was 26 at the time) to develop interests and hobbies because one never knows which of our skills might be taken away from us due to unforseen circumstances. I took her at her word and learned to throw pots, do oil painting as well as water color painting, quilting, specialty baking, caligraphy, singing,---well, you get the picture! I am never bored and have met many interesting people in the course of my life--am 75 now. I say that was good advice!
Old 05-25-2011, 04:34 PM

Reminds me of my precious MIL who passed only 4 yrs ago. When we first married she did every kind of craft and worked at the Tastee Freeze and bowled in a league. She always wore hearing aids but she started getting macular degeration and lost most her vison. She was always reading or crafting, cooking or whatever. It was taken from her and it was so sad. She was the best MIL ever. I miss her & my Mom. sorry getting off the subject. Just sayin' "it's always something" I miss Gilda too.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-202422.bmp  
Old 05-25-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Darlene
I like to have something to do when I watch TV whether it be crocheting or x stitch.
I am incapable of 'just watching TV' too. I will either read, sew, quilt, crochet, or whatever. DH has no hobbies or vices. I'll keep him anyway, never underestimate the power of being a 'spoiled brat'. :thumbup: