Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby? >

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

How many of you have the GO! or GO! Baby?

Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have the go. Love it.. I recommend buying extra white mats- the grey ones if they are still around are worthless... If you use the cutter often like I do you need plenty of mats on had for back up as they are what I consider to be disposable... I'm a scrappy quilter and It works great for me..
Old 07-03-2011, 08:28 AM

I have a Go and really like it - it's so fast.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:12 AM

My son just bought me the Go plus a bunch of dies on sale. I just love it wish I would of gotten it sooner. Check out Quilting- warehouse.com big sale plus if you print out things you want take it to J0-Anns they honor prices.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:20 AM

I enjoy my GO! I saves tons of time cutting squres espically. It doesn't always cut through all the fabric though so I find myslef having to do some trimming. Anyone else have that issue with their go? If you get a GO, be prepared to spend more money on the dies and cutting squares; they aren't cheap. :(
Old 07-03-2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by juliea9967
I don't know how I ever lived without my GO. I love the strip cutters cause you can get strips for bindings, sashings and borders. You can also cut squares and 30, 45 and 60 degree diamonds with them. They are also perfect for cutting your scraps into strips. Not only does the GO save time on cutting, it saves time on sewing, too. All your pieces fit together so perfectly. While the strip cutters are my favorite dies, I have also learned to love applique. I was never happy with my applique results when hand stitching or machine stitching, but I now use my embroidery machine to stitch down the appliques and it has opened up a whole new world for me. I love machine embroidery applique!!!

I have never regretted buying my GO!
I'm curious about how you use your embroidery machine 'to stitch down appliques.' Please explain, or better yet, show a picture. I do much better when I see a picture LOL!
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM

Haven't used mine yet, only have the rose of sharon, and 7 inch drunkard path as yet. Use the studio at work all the time:)
Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 AM

I love mine, I had a lot more waste of fabric BEFORE I got the Go.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:52 AM

I have the Go and use it for applique projects plus I love the strip dies. If you mark the outline on the die's and then place your fabric carefully there isn't really much waste.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:05 AM

LOVE my GO!
I am now addicted to tumbler blocks-they are so eazy to sew with the corners all perfectly cut for piecing.
Have used the 1 1/2 inch for log cabin quilts, the2 1/2 inch for bindings, the rag is super easy....
Old 07-03-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I have the go. Love it.. I recommend buying extra white mats- the grey ones if they are still around are worthless... If you use the cutter often like I do you need plenty of mats on had for back up as they are what I consider to be disposable... I'm a scrappy quilter and It works great for me..
I haven't seen the white mats. Where do I find them?