Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Charity/Donation????i don't know what to call it >
  • Charity/Donation????i don't know what to call it

• Charity/Donation????i don't know what to call it

Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 AM

Very nice work!
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:18 AM

I had said you might do some embroidery in the center panel, but a quicker way would be to use a permanent pem and just write the Lord's Prayer. Sorry for the confusion.
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 AM

I was thinking the same as kheliwud--windows. I like her suggestion best. I hope it autions for a lot of money--it is beautiful.
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 AM

Try going to www.blockpartystudios.com. They have a lot of printed panels, both with prayers & sayings & with themed individual blocks which may be appropriate.
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:48 AM

It is a very pretty quilt and glad to hear that it will be used for a good cause, even though you actually quilted it for the person in the hospital. It is o sad that they have to auction the quilt off to help pay for medical expenses, but you are helping them out.
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
    Lovely quilt!

Is it a raffled? Or an auction? If it's legal in your state, I would ask those in charge to sell raffle tickets for the quilt instead of doing an auction -- tends to bring in a *lot* more money. I personally refuse to donate a quilt to a cause unless it will be raffled off (and they allow enough time before the event to sell as many tickets as possible). $1 per ticket is good, with 6 tickets for $5.

There is another recent thread here about charity quilts and how so many of them "go" for less than the cost of the materials in them at auctions, especially silent auctions. Raffles are so much better.....
    I agree that raffles usually bring in more money. We have to raise $60,000 for our grandaughter to have a double lung transplant and plan to have raffles. Our experience has been that it does bring in more money--unless you have a wonderful grandfather that recently paid something like $14,000 for his grandaughter's pie at a cake walk auction.
    Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 AM

Awww sorry about your granddaughter. Hope she is in good health now. Prayers for her. Such a wonderful GF. Bless his heart for doing that. Hope he enjoyed a slice of that:)
    Originally Posted by Bibliogirl
    Originally Posted by Prism99
    Lovely quilt!

Is it a raffled? Or an auction? If it's legal in your state, I would ask those in charge to sell raffle tickets for the quilt instead of doing an auction -- tends to bring in a *lot* more money. I personally refuse to donate a quilt to a cause unless it will be raffled off (and they allow enough time before the event to sell as many tickets as possible). $1 per ticket is good, with 6 tickets for $5.

There is another recent thread here about charity quilts and how so many of them "go" for less than the cost of the materials in them at auctions, especially silent auctions. Raffles are so much better.....
    I agree that raffles usually bring in more money. We have to raise $60,000 for our grandaughter to have a double lung transplant and plan to have raffles. Our experience has been that it does bring in more money--unless you have a wonderful grandfather that recently paid something like $14,000 for his grandaughter's pie at a cake walk auction.
    Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 AM

Great looking quilt. Hope in brings in lots of $$$$. Too bad it has to be sold to meet the bills.
    Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
    Power Poster

Very pretty, great job on the quilting. So sorry to hear about this young woman being sick for so long.
    Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 AM

Hi, Charming; You did a fantastic job on the quilt and especially on the pieced back. It turned out so nice. I am a firm believer in using the scraps for the back. God bless your efforts :thumbup: