Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do? >

Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do?

Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:09 AM

Walking our dog Murphy helps me get out and exercise. If we didn't have him, I am afraid i wouldn't walk. I use to go to the gym, but with the economy tanking and my husband not working, I cut back on the gym rather than the fabric I am addicted. to.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:10 AM

Boy, can I relate to your posting. I hate exercise as well and so just have a great deal of trouble finding time to fit it in with the things I like. No solutions here, but a great deal of sympathy
Old 08-10-2011, 06:13 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Me! Me!! ME!!! I hate exercise for the sake of exercise. Give me looooooong, beautiful place to ride my bike, I'm gone. Or a good contra dance, I'll dance my feet off. A lovely hilly trail, I've got my boots on. Someplace cool, green, and shady. Oh, wait, I live in Florida. :roll:
Old 08-10-2011, 06:36 AM

Boy, I am with you on this one. I have recently started water aerobics with my sister-in-law and we have a blast! So maybe the trick is to exercise with a friend. Sure has worked for me. Good luck. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Old 08-10-2011, 06:43 AM

I used to not like to exercise. So many reasons have been tapped here. don't want to change my clothes, takes to much time and effort. Don't want to get all sweaty, and go the rest of my day with bad hair. Way to tired to do it in the evening when I don't care how I look.
So the most I would do is walk. I would go for walks in the evening.
Used to love going to the gym. havn't been in years. What I really wanted to be able to do is run! I love that feeling when your pushing yourself, that burn in the chest that says your working. Love the feeling of my muscles working! I jog, have a treadmill and will just go till I drop. usually about 2.5 miles.
I don't care if I get sweaty anymore. don't care if someone sees me in my spandex. Don't mind changing into comfortable clothes.
I just really makes me feel alive to be able to just GO! with the kids all back in school. including my youngest. I am going to try the gym again.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:50 AM

I work full time so it is difficult to find the time to exercise. What I do is walk at lunch. I listen to my iPod Shuffle, upbeat songs so I keep my pace up. I love doing this becuase it is a way to reduce stress in the middle of the day. I usually feel energized after I walk. It is hard to get going though. I force myself to change into my walking clothes and get out there. Then when I am out there walking it becomes fun. I know I should do more than just walking but that is all I have time for.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by CloverPatch
I used to not like to exercise. So many reasons have been tapped here. don't want to change my clothes, takes to much time and effort. Don't want to get all sweaty, and go the rest of my day with bad hair. Way to tired to do it in the evening when I don't care how I look.
So the most I would do is walk. I would go for walks in the evening.
Used to love going to the gym. havn't been in years. What I really wanted to be able to do is run! I love that feeling when your pushing yourself, that burn in the chest that says your working. Love the feeling of my muscles working! I jog, have a treadmill and will just go till I drop. usually about 2.5 miles.
I don't care if I get sweaty anymore. don't care if someone sees me in my spandex. Don't mind changing into comfortable clothes.
I just really makes me feel alive to be able to just GO! with the kids all back in school. including my youngest. I am going to try the gym again.
YES! Keep up the good work!!! As for being tired in the evening, it's a proven fact that regular exercise gives you more energy. Eventually you won't be too tired to do it in the evening... or the morning... or whatever time of day is best for your schedule. You might have to force it in the beginning, but eventually it won't be such a chore.

And BRAVO for sticking with it even though you have kids. So many use their children as a reason why they can't work out, but they're all the more reason that you SHOULD work out. Both to keep up with them, and to set a good example. When kids see Mom and Dad making regular exercise an important part of their lives, they will be more likely to adopt those habits themselves and grow up into healthy, active adults.

Again, BRAVO!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 AM

My idea of exercising is driving my car down to the mailbox. And the worst thing is that I have a free membership to a gym from work and never use it.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:35 AM
pal

My friends LOVE Zumba. They say it is more fun than a barrel full of monkeys. And they are all losing weight.

Maybe that's the way to go. I'll wait for the final results.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 AM

Hate it, hate it, hate it.....no idea is good enough to make me want to exercise unless I had a pool available all the time. 25 years ago I swam 40 laps every day.