Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am so proud of my self >

I am so proud of my self

I am so proud of my self

Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 AM

Who knows, maybe you will have things to sell here on the board when you are all finished!! We'll be watching.8)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 AM

Good for you! While you wait, try to open your mind to the idea of letting things go. Clearing out the extra, though hard to do, is so freeing and will leave you more room (physically and mentally!) to be able to create beautiful things with the "good stuff" that is left.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by sguillot
I took the first steps today to get organized. One of the shows on TV I like is Hoarding Buried Alive so I am talking to two Professional Organizers about coming in and organizing my sewing/quilting space, it has gotten to the point that I can't find anything and I keep spending money on containers that I don't know what to do with. The one young lady is coming to meet with me Saturday to see what I have. She says she tries to use what you already have so there won't be a big investment in containers. I am so excited about doing this. I won't have anymore excuses not to get some sewing done. It has litteraly taken over my whole house. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted and give you some of the tips.
I did the same thing a while back, but I had the services of a lady who has OCD to help organize me. You go with your strengths. I paid her by hemming all of her pants. The mending took me as long as it took her. I think I got the better deal. :thumbup:
Old 09-22-2011, 11:16 AM

I took the first steps today to get organized. One of the shows on TV I like is Hoarding Buried Alive so I am talking to two Professional Organizers about coming in and organizing my sewing/quilting space, it has gotten to the point that I can't find anything and I keep spending money on containers that I don't know what to do with. The one young lady is coming to meet with me Saturday to see what I have. She says she tries to use what you already have so there won't be a big investment in containers. I am so excited about doing this. I won't have anymore excuses not to get some sewing done. It has litteraly taken over my whole house. Wish me luck and I will keep you posted and give you some of the tips.
I will be watching for the tips!

:lol: :lol:
Old 09-22-2011, 11:21 AM

Very possible and I have good quality supplies and fabric.
Originally Posted by wildyard
Who knows, maybe you will have things to sell here on the board when you are all finished!! We'll be watching.8)
Old 09-22-2011, 11:22 AM

Good luck! It should be fun.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:24 AM

I want to thank all of you for you support and as I go along I will let you know how it's coming and I will steel LOL all the tips to share. Why should't we all benefit for anothers experiences.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:45 AM

I would make sure she sews. Otherwise, she will throw out duplicates of things - rulers, etc. I had a non-sewing friend help me organize mine - she just didn't understand why I needed all this fabric and rulers and books. "They all do the same thing, don't they"? I told her no and I wasn't throwing anything out. Just beware. It's a good idea to get a professional opinion, though.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:40 PM

She told me that she had just spent 4 days helping another lady organize her quilting supplies. I did tell her that I wanted nothing to go away and that I wanted to use as many of the containers that I already have. I plan to be very near by just so nothing walks away or gets thrown out. Then what I have duplicates or don't need I will offer them to you guys first then put them in a garage sale. There again, I not letting my stuff go for pennies and if they don't want to pay my price, I would donate it to someone that makes charity quilts or can't afford to buy. I have been in that position and I don't mind giving it to a good cause.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:17 PM

. There again, I not letting my stuff go for pennies and if they don't want to pay my price, I would donate it to someone that makes charity quilts or can't afford to buy. I have been in that position and I don't mind giving it to a good cause.
LOL There again, you have lots of us on this board who fit into this catagory. Many of us live on SSI or SSD and delight in making charity quilts as a way to continue to be useful in our communities and contribute in whatever ways we can.
Just another reason this board is such an awesome place!!