Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltjoey View Post
I have spent hours and hours on the QB before the new change. I am quite computer savvy and can only tolerate it a short time now. Hope to be able to navigate it more quickly in a few days but just don't have time to read all the "ways" from members and admin. to do this and do that. The board must become more user-friendly quickly because newbies and oldies will not take the time to learn a new "app"...
Amen, ME TOO. That's why I use an Apple not a PC.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 AM

I know this is a repeat but I am soooo confused about finding what I used to read and do. .... and the fact that my signature doesn't show up anymore. It took me a long time to figure out how to do the signature and get it to work. Do I have to try to do it all over again? If I do, I probably won't even try. I am trying to hang in there but I am finding that I don't come on the board as much as I used to. I have enough frustrations in my life, the board was the one constant I felt secure with. I don't anymore. Also I am not getting any responses thru my email anymore...even though I have it marked to email me all responses all the time.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM

I miss the email , with the "most recent topics" listed in catagories ..... the background IS a lil harsh too....
Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 AM

I just want to know if I've read something. I don't want to re-read everything.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:56 AM

If one of the top dash board tabs/links could have been as close to "how we navigated" on the old quilting board. Most recent topics instead of years ago in the middle of today's messages. Scroll through to read each comment. Use terms like 'comments' instead of threads if this is what threads are being used as. Parentheses used to help us find the old quilting board topics with the new names would be easier to navigate. A Dashboard HELP tab with alphabetic listing for each help topic (bookmarks for example, where and how to bookmark). Pictures View... Explanations for subscriptions, the difference between the various sell links (again the classified name in parentheses). I keep misplacing the HELP and I just keep digging through messages and have now started writing in a notebook when I find something I can use. I think I have messed up my "views" more than helping to make it user friendly for me. I wonder if some type of diagram comparison chart would be helpful.

I have read the "negative comments" and feel this frustration; I know and see how hard the board has worked on the site and it looks really nice and I don't think it is just a matter of "frustrations with change."

Like you I don't like others are leaving but the time involved to navigate and to feel in control is challenging. I hate others are leaving the site - many have been strong contributors with so much expertise in the quilting field.

I had been keeping all the Quilting Board Digests and now they have all disappeared.

The white background reallly needs to be toned down. It gives me a headache & then I can't spend the time I need to be able to learn my way around. I'm hoping in a week or so the bugs will be sorted out.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 AM

This new form is absolutely HORRIBLE. I feel like I have lost a close friend. I am SO DISAPOINTED.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:57 AM

I agree. I may have posted something that way already said, but I keep misplacing where I am and what I am doing so I apologize if my thoughts have already been expressed today or as I keep reading messages from five or more years ago, I may have messed up this "thread."

Originally Posted by Cheri_J View Post
I just want to know if I've read something. I don't want to re-read everything.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by greensleeves View Post
I want to be able to go to unread "new" posts only, not updated ones along with the new ones. I, and many others, don't care to wade through updated posts that we read and passed on responding to previously. And, setting to see only posts from 1 or 2 days ago does not help--you still get those old updated posts that someone has stumbled across and made a response to. Am hoping that this will be fixed before too long.
I have the same disppointment