Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns? >
  • Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns?

• Do You Want Directions for Multiple Sized Quilts Included in Price Of Patterns?

Old 08-09-2012, 06:11 AM

It's never been a problem to make more blocks, but my trouble is knowing how much yardage to buy up front. I would definitely prefer to have several sizes in the pattern. Patterns can be so expensive, I think this is only fair.
    Old 08-09-2012, 07:10 AM

I say yes and one thing I would like them to remember is Some people still have full/double size beds. I have gotten patterns and there was wall hanging,sometimes twin not always, then it jumped to queen/king.. I buy a pattern so I don't have to think. Most times I can look at a pattern and figure out how it goes together and what size blocks it has so if I buy a pattern its cause I don't want to do math. LOL
    Old 08-09-2012, 07:47 AM

I think it would be wonderful to have a full range of quilt size options for any quilt pattern. From like a lap, crib, twin to a king.....especially if for no other reason than the fabric yardage needed....yes if I had a pattern to increase the majority of times I will just add more blocks, but some times I don't always figure the fabric right......
    Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 AM

If the quilt is a block type quilt-no problem, add more BUT the challenge comes with complicated patterns that would go out of balance if the ratio isn't right. Soooo the bottom line for me is if it's a complicated pattern that must be balanced I would love to multiple sizes already computed on the pattern.
    Old 08-09-2012, 07:54 AM

Yes, I love patterns with multiple quilt sizes and have used them. Seems like a better bargin for my money. I've noticed that even some free patterns do this.
    Old 08-09-2012, 08:45 AM

I agree with Peckish. If I want my quilt larger, I add more blocks. Not a big deal to me!
    Old 08-09-2012, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Neesie
    I agree it would be nice to have the required yardages, for different sized quilts! I'm sure more people would buy the patterns, in that case.
    thank you ,thank you,my thoughts also,simple blks isnt a promblem,,,,

Originally Posted by maxnme01
    If the quilt is a block type quilt-no problem, add more BUT the challenge comes with complicated patterns that would go out of balance if the ratio isn't right. Soooo the bottom line for me is if it's a complicated pattern that must be balanced I would love to multiple sizes already computed on the pattern.
    Old 08-09-2012, 08:55 AM

Also if they have a book on spelling ,i need one,lol
    Old 08-09-2012, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by burchquilts
    That's what I think. That's why I like patterns like Yellow Brick Road or Turnung Twenty... they have numerous sizes & all the info for them. I like that. Patterns cost too much to have to buy a new one for every size... IMHO.
    Many years ago when I purchased a Turning Twenty pattern it included only one size. I e-mailed them that I would have preferred multiple sizes rather than many pages of pictures of their employee's quilts. I received a very harsh response telling me that I was the ONLY negative response they had received and that EVERYONE was interested in their employee's quilts. If they are now including multiple sizes, apparently mine was not the only request.
    Old 08-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Yes, Yes, Yes, I too am mathmatically chalenged. To have the yardage information would be great. I am one of those that would miss it by a fourth of a yard and not be able to get any more material.