Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Remember my quilt that was ruined - IT'S BACK!!!! Thank-you Pungogal >

Remember my quilt that was ruined - IT'S BACK!!!! Thank-you Pungogal

Remember my quilt that was ruined - IT'S BACK!!!! Thank-you Pungogal

Old 08-19-2012, 03:06 PM

What a beautiful quilt and lovely ladies that came to your rescue. A friendship has been born.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:28 PM

Great things come to those who wait. So glad you didn't go the route of leaving it alone, and/or giving it to your niece with the bad quilting. This is beautiful, and has that much more meaning because quilting friends got together to help make a wrong a right, so your niece can now have an heirloom to treasure.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

A solution occurred to me.....Put it in a local show, labeled with its story (no names) about how it was ruined and re-quilted by generous friends met on the internet. If she is a quilter, she will likely attend the show, see this quilt and learn of its journey and her part in it. That way she will hear about it but not actually from 'your mouth', and maybe will learn something by it.

Jan in VA
Old 08-19-2012, 04:01 PM

That is so wonderful!
Old 08-19-2012, 06:52 PM

Pungogal and Terri helped you write a story with a perfect ending in spite of the evil one who tried too put a curse on your quilt. Blessings on you all 3 and your niece who most surely loves and appreciates it and you.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:15 PM
nls

Loos great!!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:27 PM

I love the colors in your quilt and the quilting looks wonderful. Glad things turned out for the best and I bet your niece will enjoy having a bit from home while away at college.

piney
Old 08-20-2012, 03:22 AM

You owe her the courtisey[?sp] of talking to her.Nicely.Talking behind her back is mean.There is always 2 sides to every story.Communication is the key.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:49 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

I am SO, so glad your quilt is back and you are happy. And just in the nick of time! But at the very least, You need to write the woman who quilted it the first time. She needs to know, and have an opportunity to refund your money and make it right. I would be devastated if I had an unhappy customer who never let me know. If you can't face her, which I understand, a gentle letter is appropriate. Good luck.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:17 AM

I am suprised one that a quilt is ruined by the quilter and she didnt know it was horrible? that is odd. I think I would have trouble being quiet when picking it up and would have done the gentle talk right then. And never used her again ..I would get serious recommendations first round if you chose to send out again. The fact these two women who don't know you at all came in and helped you ONCE AGAIN shows the kindness that abounds on this board. I have had nothing but good experiences here and hope you stick around with us for a long time. The only ruined quilts I have had were done by me (sigh) and picking out all those seams is not a picnic at all. Your quilt is lovely and that young kiddo had better take care of it. Quilts are indeed a labor of love gift.