Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
kitchen aid classic food mixer >

kitchen aid classic food mixer

kitchen aid classic food mixer

Old 12-12-2012, 07:35 PM

I would always recommend the tip back head and there is a wonderful bowl that was invented to remedy the problem of adding dry ingredients....it's called a Pourable, comes in three sizes. Chef's catalogue carries it. I have all the sizes and only use the large.
I couldn't live without my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
Mine is '70s yellow because that's when I bought it! My bet is the newer ones have stronger motors than mine, but mine still does everything I need it to just fine.

If I were to buy a new one, I'd get the bigger one where you raise and lower the bowl. Mine has the head that raises and lowers, and I would just like to have more room when I am adding flour. (I don't recommend getting the plastic shield they used to sell for flour; I prefer wrapping a kitchen towel around the mixer and bowl.)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM

Love it,love it, love it!!!!!
Old 12-12-2012, 08:22 PM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Can't imagine life without mine!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by Radiana View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Design-Beater-...o+beater+blade

Yes, you can't go wrong with a kitchen aid, especially when making cookies. They are worth every penny. I hope this link shows up all right because this new attachment looks like it would be so convenient. I ordered one last night for my Christmas present.
BELIEVE ME.....you are going to wonder how you ever lived without that beater. My DD bought me one about 3 years ago and I was upset that she spent the money when the beaters I had were fine. Everyone that has seen me use it has rushed out to get one. You NEVER have to use a spatula or stop the mixer to scrape the sides of the bowl. You will LOVE it.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 AM

Mine has been in use for the last 40 years or so. We have used all the attachments, made pasta, bread, ground our own meat. Love this workhorse appliance! I would buy a new one for sure if this one broke....oh I forgot...they work forever!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:01 AM

I have had mine for at least 30 years. I love it. If you can afford one I would definately get one. I often make a double batch cookies such as chocolate chip. It can easily handle all of the batter without missing a beat. I have been giving a Kitchen Aid mixer to my kids as a wedding gift. The only thing wrong with mine is that it is boring white and I would love a pretty color. I have been drooling on the fuchsia one.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:12 AM

Mine is 33 years old without a problem..they are well made, although I must say the newer ones are a little lighter weight than mine. Lots of free patterns online for covers if you do get it.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 AM

Have loved mine for 30 years. Never a problem with, nor my mother's that was 40 years old before it passed to her DIL after she passed.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 AM

I bought mine in 1984 and just got through mixing a batch of bread with it. It's much sturdier than the new ones and "sounds" solid. I bought my daughter in Tx one and used hers last week when I visited and it's good but not as good as mine. Mine was probably one of my best things I ever bought.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:50 AM

I forgot, visit their website and check if they have any discontinued ones. You can get it for much less if you shop careful. Ours are the "commercial" ones with the bowl lift instead of the tilt head.