Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm a little sad >

I'm a little sad

I'm a little sad

Old 04-13-2013, 08:19 AM

Just being able to share you work with thousands of people and getting opinions and advice here in this community is so uplifting. If you don't believe me, post a picture and see how many people show their appreciation for just getting to look at it.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 AM

This is how I feel! as I use up my work time trying to add a like to so many good comments its a sunny beautiful day in Alaska!

Originally Posted by CarolinaCottonCompany View Post
I wish I could hit LIKE to all the above comments..Like like like... like
Old 04-13-2013, 01:17 PM

You never should feel sad about quilting. You have to do it for the pure enjoyment and know that a non-quilter will never appreciate all of the work. I just finished a baby quilt for a friend of mine (non-quilter) and I think I spent nearly $100 by the time I finished. I also am very sure that my friend has not a clue of cost or time--but I so enjoyed making it. Betsy-Boo
Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM

I do not undervalue my work though I believe others do. My DH says "be selective" when giving quilts away.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:10 PM

A beloved friend gave me a painting that I did not like very much but I put it in my sewing room on a back wall. Then promptly forgot about it. One day she came to visit and went into my sewing room and saw that the painting was in there and started to cry. When I asked her why she was crying she said that she had gone to another friend's house and seen a painting she had gifted in a "Goodwill" box in their garage. She said her feelings had been so hurt. After that, I found that I really liked that painting a little better than I thought and was really glad that I had hung it up. I see it every day and think of her.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:46 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Hmmmm... yes it is sad.. but its our love of quilting, sewing, crafting that keeps us going ...
Old 04-13-2013, 04:18 PM

Somebody must appreciate them, no one has ever offered to give it back We appreciate them, and that is what counts I think.