Banned

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by Lady-T
Originally Posted by oksewglad
DA and I are wondering---How many Iowegians are roaming the threads of this forum? Give a reply to let us know.

SE Iowa here!!
I'm in SE Iowa too. I am in Salem 12 miles south of Mt. Pleasant.
We're neighbors! I'm in West Point!
Howdy Neighbor!! Years ago we lived outside Pilot Grove. My oldest Sara went to kindergarten in West Point. They had an old house in the square back then ( has been torn down long ago) and she went there for Kindergarten and I think maybe 1st grade. Then we moved over by Donnellson and she and her brothers went to school in Donnellson. I have an uncle who lives in a farm house outside of Wever.

It has always struck me as funny. When we lived at Pilot Grove and then Donnellson anyone who lived below Houghton went south to shop. Ft. Madison or Keokuk. Anyone who lived above Houghton went north to Mt. Pleasant or Burlington or Iowa City or Washington etc. Never knew why! Just seemed odd.
I've lived here for 21+ yrs now. Lived in Donnellson for abour 5 yrs prior to moving here and was in Ft Madison before that!
But I originally hail from Clinton, Iowa.

Small, small world!

ps...I shop Burlington or Iowa City.
(ocassionally Quincy) :D
We ought to get together some time. I am doing a Quilt Retreat at Bentonsport on Sept 24 to 26. If you don't want to spend the money to stay you could drive over and spend the day with us Sat or Sun or both. No fees just your meals and bring whatever you would like to work on. I will probably do some demos if anyone is interested. I have 5 people so far.
Sounds great! If my scheduling will allow it I will be there. We will be leaving for Nevada that next week so depends how how hectic things get (they usually do!) but I'll plan on it!
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Great Lady T. It will be fun to meet more board members!! I have met 2 so far.

Oh by the way I had planned to take everyone down to Cantril to the fabric store there. So if you like you might remember that money wise.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:47 PM

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention! Yes, born in Burlington, moved to Mesa, AZ in the early 60's, and moved back to Burlington in 68. Graduated from West Burlington. I married a Danville boy and as of two weeks ago, have been married 32 years. :)

We did live in Oskaloosa for a short while years ago. My kids hated it so much, they can't bring themselves to even call it by name. They call it the "O" town. :) I think because kids can be so unwelcoming to newcomers in school.

Never heard it termed "Iowegian" :), I am half Swede too :)
Old 09-03-2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Iowegian comes from the northern part of the state where there are a lot of people of Norwegian decent. They know what "uff-ta" or "ooff-ta" means, too. I am not sure how to spell it.
UFF'DA! YAH, YOU BETCHA!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Well heck! I don't live in Iowa~ :) But sounds really nice.
Sharon, do you want to be an honarary Iowan? I'll vouch for you cuz we're doll swap partners! G
Old 09-04-2010, 04:12 AM

I'm getting homesick now. Just don't like the winters in IA. We use to go to Adventureland. I loved the roller coaster. I can't come to the retreat, but it sounds like fun. CheeChee
Old 09-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
I'm getting homesick now. Just don't like the winters in IA. We use to go to Adventureland. I loved the roller coaster. I can't come to the retreat, but it sounds like fun. CheeChee
I dont' like the winters either but I've never lived anywhere else. So you endure! LOL Since I don't have to go out to work any more I just wait for the snow to melt off the car to go anywhere! We do have a neighbor who plows for us when we need him to. I hate the cold and we don't get out alot in the winter time.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:26 AM

I don't which is worse. The winters in IA. or worrying about the hurricanes here.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
I don't which is worse. The winters in IA. or worrying about the hurricanes here.
Yep I think no matter where you live there are weather threats of some sort. Or earthquakes etc. I would miss the changing of the seasons if I didn't live here. I love fall and look forward to it each year. I could do with a shorter winter and a cooler summer but wouldn't appreciate the good times without the bad I suppose.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:07 AM

I would love to come and meet every name that one too, however San Fransisco is calling my week!