Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What Is My Problem ?!? >
  • What Is My Problem ?!?

• What Is My Problem ?!?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:26 PM

I cannot thank All of you for Wonderful help and advice!!! There were So many replies, that I am sorry I can't thank each of you individually! This has been really helpful for me. In fact so much, that I actually started working on something tonight that I have been avoiding. All of you are "right on" with your ideas. Your comments have been supportive and even emotional! You have been great, nonjudgmental, and understanding. I have learned A Lot! I appreciate All of you. This Quilting Board is almost like family to me. It is the main thing I look at on the internet!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-09-2018 at 09:48 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    Old 03-19-2015, 09:46 PM

Way to go NewNonni!

Testify!

(What are you working on? I'm dying to know!)
    Old 03-19-2015, 11:07 PM

I have two lists. posted right beside my machine..
    l. bucket list
    2. started quilts..
    i make myself finish one thing before i get to start something else. or maybe two things, before i start something else....
    Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 PM

Same problem here.......several books with intended projects, 2 quilts in progress, linen to make a set of napkins for my own use, scraps made into hexagons and stored for future project, some nice satin jean fabric for a mountmellick tablecloth, pretty sure some others lurking in drawers......
    Old 03-20-2015, 02:30 AM
    Power Poster

I feel your pain. I made a committment to begin completing UFO's but then saw a pattern called Falling Triangles. Now I am in the middle of sewing my blocks so they can be cut to form HST. I am soooo bad.
    Old 03-20-2015, 03:55 AM

I saw a joke that describes me: "Today I need to dust my....oh look! Fabric!" We all get distracted by things we'd rather do. LOL! What I've learned works for me is a reward system. I spend 15 minutes doing some chore I hate doing, or have just been putting off, and then reward myself with time doing what I love doing! That works for UFOs as well. Spend a few minutes on one of those first, and then work on a project you find more interesting. Eventually the UFOs get finished.
    Old 03-20-2015, 05:34 AM

I do the same thing. I do have a sewing room where I can leave projects out and now there is no room to walk around in there. It's a horrible problem. And I am RETIRED and will not go out to my sewing room for days and even weeks!!!! I feel your pain.
    Old 03-20-2015, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Madan49
    I saw a joke that describes me: "Today I need to dust my....oh look! Fabric!" We all get distracted by things we'd rather do. LOL! What I've learned works for me is a reward system. I spend 15 minutes doing some chore I hate doing, or have just been putting off, and then reward myself with time doing what I love doing! That works for UFOs as well. Spend a few minutes on one of those first, and then work on a project you find more interesting. Eventually the UFOs get finished.
    Sounds like a wonderful idea. I will try it!
    Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 AM

A few people have mentioned keeping things together. Every time you put a not-finished quilt away, be sure it is put away with all the things needed to finish it. Pizza boxes work great for this. Used ones can be used if you line them with freezer paper first.

I put my labeled pizza boxes in a stack, so I can readily see what is in each one. Then when I grab one off the stack, everything that I need to work on that one is right there. I haven't used some of the fabric for something else and have enough of what I need. That means I can get started working right away.

Good luck on finishing a few. Deadlines work for me. We have several small quilt shows near me, and they help me finish up something to hang in them. Nothing fancy, but finished items.
    Old 03-20-2015, 06:25 AM

You are not alone! I started making two quilts for our granddaughters beds in our house for when they spend the night. They were two and four at the time. I have the blocks finished but not sewn together. The girls are now 15 and 17, the older one graduates from HS this June and if off to college in the fall. I've decided to go small and make as many lap quilts as I can out of the blocks and finish them up and donate them someplace in time for Christmas.