Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is it justified? >

Is it justified?

Is it justified?

Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Banned

I keep seeing all of this beautiful work that the long arms can do and I am just amazed. They have taken quilting to a completely different level and art form.

I cant wait for the feedback about your machine and please post some photos. I think I am just as excited as you are! :D

Billy
Old 01-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Billy, check out this guy. Richards Home Built Machine Quilting Frame. http://mysite.verizon.net/rzsdad/index.html. He sells directions on how to build a frame & now he tells some of the harder to find parts, It is pretty neat site.
I tried but the link is broken (got the 404 message) it would be nice to see what some of these frames look like to get an idea as to where I want to go with this.

As far as buying parts I will use off the shelf gears, sprockets, bearings and electronics I can get here locally, but if I need anything else I will just machine the parts myself.

Billy
Old 01-11-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I have had the checkout page up almost all day, thinking and thinking about clicking that SUBMIT button.

I did it. :-o
Yay! You'll have to let us know how you like it and show pictures of all the quilts you get done on it. :thumbup:
Old 01-11-2010, 09:52 AM

Pam, That's a good deal for the machine and frame. See if you can try one out, before you purchase it. They do take quite a bit of practice to become good at, so keep that in mind. I found, I wasn't as good at it as I'd like to have been. So, I computerized mine. You would be able to do the same with the Lizzie. But the computerized system upgrade is almost as costly as the Lizzie itself.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 PM

Billy, try this one. It should work. [email protected]
Old 01-11-2010, 01:03 PM

I agree. Life is too short for regrets. You have the money, put it to good use. Have fun!
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 PM
Banned

I have had the checkout page up almost all day, thinking and thinking about clicking that SUBMIT button.

I did it. :-o
WHOO HOO !!!!!! (Jumping icon :mrgreen: )

Somehow I missed this post now I am really really really excited for you!!!!

Did they say when you would have it at your door? And I wonder how much assembly is required when it does arrive. Too bad I am not close to you because I would love to help you set it up so I can see how one of these babies work!!

Congratulations Pam!!!

Billy
Old 01-11-2010, 09:05 PM

Would be great if you could help set it up. ;) A framing party! I don't know what it takes to set up but I can probably do it.

I also don't know yet when it will be delivered. It says orders are processed in two days so maybe I will call tomorrow if I don't hear anything. I'll work from home on delivery day since I assume I'll have to sign for it and/or don't want it sitting on my porch when I'm not here.

I can't wait to play on it. I've read to practice, practice, practice so keeping my eye out for closeout fabric, cheater panels, baby panels, etc. to practice on.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Hey Pam...don't ask me, I blow money stupidly. However, i know you got it and I think it's awesome!! I can't wait to come over and play at your house!! I'll even bring you my special apple cake!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:50 PM

Would be great if you could help set it up. ;) A framing party! I don't know what it takes to set up but I can probably do it.

I also don't know yet when it will be delivered. It says orders are processed in two days so maybe I will call tomorrow if I don't hear anything. I'll work from home on delivery day since I assume I'll have to sign for it and/or don't want it sitting on my porch when I'm not here.

I can't wait to play on it. I've read to practice, practice, practice so keeping my eye out for closeout fabric, cheater panels, baby panels, etc. to practice on.
I love cheater panels! This is how I decided to begin my FMQ experience and it has really worked well. I simply follow the lines or do echo quilting and it's amazing how much I've learned. And if it doesn't look all that great I don't mind because I didn't have to put a lot of work into it.