Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Experimental Bargello!  by Danmar >

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

My Experimental Bargello! by Danmar

Old 03-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Banned

how cool. i can't wait to see it done
Old 03-27-2010, 08:48 AM

Your quilt will be beautiful. I can't wait to see it. Great job in colors.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 AM

Wow, I am interested to see the work in progress, too!! Good luck, you will be inspiring others as you go along! Thanks!
Old 03-27-2010, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by lynsews
I love what you are doing with these colors and the overall effect. I'm certain that I will try one of these soon. Thanks for putting this process out here for us to see. One question ... what size will it be ... or will you just let it grow until until it's "just right"?
Thank you very much! I love the colors and the overall effect just keeps changing around here. I've had it laid out a couple of ways and I'm just getting ready to post some pictures.

Since I haven't made one before and don't have a pattern, it'll just be done when I get to the right size or run out of material, whichever comes first! :lol: Don't be counting on my process just yet! It could still need to be done a different way than what I'm doing it. I'll let you know when I'm done with it.

One thing that I did realize this morning was that when Billie Lauder said to make it in 3 or 4 sections and then sew them together, she had to of been talking about top to bottom sections, not + sections like I was thinking. I'm learning!

Thanks again for the interest and I hope when I get this done, I will be able to help people to make one.

Marilyn
Old 03-27-2010, 09:16 AM

Cant wait to see it done, looking great!

Margie
Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by cmapco837
I have just done the top half of a Bargello and it was in 2 parts so half of it I have to take apart and redo because it dont fit like it was suppose to. so you learn as you go. Ran out of one of my material and had to send of to get more so I can do the bottom half. Had alot of little pieces left that I just turned into a lap quilt. But still going to do another if I get threw with this one. So good luck.
Thank You and Good luck with yours too! You are right too, It is definitely a "Learning Experience". I just hope that mine comes out alright in the end.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Alright everybody! It's time for more pictures! Are you ready? At first I was going to lay out a whole "section", from bottom to top, and sew it together. That's the first pictures.

Then I decided that I should probably lay out my main focus first and then I can see where I need to go from there. So there are some pictures of my main focus as it is so far.
I need to sew more strips, loop them and cut them next.

I told my DH that I'm afraid I might run out of some of the materials that I'm using. I have enough strips left to make 3 more tubes. I've made 4 already. Anyways, I told him that I will probably just get everything laid out before I sew anything together. I will make sure to get my main focus points done with the material that I have. If I run out, I may have to use black or something to fill in the gaps. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

So, here are some more pictures. Enjoy! It is alot of fun doing this quilt. I love all the ways you can lay it out and get different patterns.
Marilyn

Starting a top to bottom section. Filling in the wedge that would be missing if I laid it out as I have it. 3-27-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32611[/ATTACH]

My main focus so far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32612[/ATTACH]

A Close-Up of the Wedge 3-27-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32780[/ATTACH]

Part of my Main Focus 3-27-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32824[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32611.jpe   attachment-32612.jpe   attachment-32780.jpe   attachment-32823.jpe   attachment-32824.jpe  

Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 AM

love the colors. Now, what does tube mean, and taking apart the seams? I know nothing about bargello.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:48 AM

love the colors. Now, what does tube mean, and taking apart the seams? I know nothing about bargello.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:52 AM

I was just looking at the pictures and saw that on the wedge, I had left the whites showing. I will probably lay it out more like these pictures, covering the white.

Close up of wedge as it should be
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32825[/ATTACH]

Covering up the white on the wedge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]32903[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-32825.jpe   attachment-32903.jpe