Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What famous quilters have you seen or met in person? >

What famous quilters have you seen or met in person?

What famous quilters have you seen or met in person?

Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 AM

I attended a 3 day seminar in Tulsa by Nancy Zieman. She was really great. I also took a class with Christopher Neiman, I was excited about taking a designer purse quilt this summer with him until I got the info and the cost is $275.00.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 AM

I have met some of the Gee's Bend quilters. They are unique in that they use old clothing, exclusively. I am making a quilt in the style that they use which is called "Housetop," I'm not using old clothing (didn't have enough laying around), but I did include an embroidered - dresser scarf on the back that my mother made years ago, and I added some remnants that were given to me, and remnants from my granddaughter's sorority dress that I made.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Kas

Anita Shackleford and Marti Michelle I have only met. Took a class with Diane Gaudynski. WOW! Would love to pick the brain of Jane Sasserman. I love her art.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:27 AM

mpspeedy I guess we know each other since we belong to the same group. I have belonged to Village for more then 25 years
Old 06-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Ami Simms, Alex Anderson, Eleanor Burns, Carol Doak, Bonnie Hunter, Billie Lauder, Pat Speth, Marti Mitchell, John Flynn, and I'm sure a couple others that I just can't put a name to at this particular minute.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 PM

I used to work for Nancy's Notions so i have met Eleanor Burns nancy Zieman, Alex Anderson, Kaye Woods, Marti Michell, and others i can't remember now. I do not get autographs because my boys say they don't want to get rid of all that stuff when I am gone.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Banned

[quote=SewSewGal] I do not get autographs.

I don't either unless the quilter is a friend.
My son has been told he is not to go near my Quilt Room when I'm gone. Two quilting friends are in charge. He's like his departed father - throw things out they haven't used in the last 5 minutes. I, on the other hand, still have my grammar school autograph book (I'm 74).
Old 06-20-2010, 01:20 PM

A great question - never took the time to come up with a list of classes and/or lecures and have books signed by:
Pat Speth of Nickel quilts
Carol Doak
Eleanor Burns
Diane Gaudynski
Mary Ellen Hopkins
Kaye England
Wendy Gilbert
MaryJacobson & Barb Grove of Me & My Sister Designs
Nancy Zieman
Debbie Field/Granola Girl
Klaudeen Hansen
Trudie Hughes
Darlene Zimmerman
Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 PM

I saw Kaye England here in Portland, Oregon. She is so funny she keeps you in 'stitches'. That was the best hour and half I have ever spent.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:54 PM

I have met so many famous quilters that I can't count or remember all their names (must be an age thing - I will be 70 on Sunday 27th) - they're all members of this group at Quilted Paradise. However, I do write to Pam Bono, June Ryker owes me a reply!! Simon Haskins, Carol Doak and a few other 'famous people' have sent email replies. I have also had lovely replies back from fabric and book suppliers which end up being lengthy and personal, including Rhonda Woodsmall - We have famous people in Australia too - see Saturday's Quilt Show newsletter and Jenny Haskins but I don't get to meet them personally. :lol: :roll: