Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat! >

4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat!

4th of July Sewing or Quilting What are you making? Let's Chit Chat!

Old 07-04-2010, 03:14 PM

I cut out all the blocks for a little Soduku quilt. Then, I cut most of the strips for a little D9P. The Soduku will be for a little girl whose birthday is tomorrow and the D9P is for her brother. I hope to have them ready by Halloween. The Soduku is patriotic and the D9P is race cars, gold, and checker flag material. Both should be adorable.

I need to balance the checkbook so I can see if I can get that flannel backing I've been wanting this weekend.
Old 07-04-2010, 03:43 PM

I struggled with a quilt that I have named "Ripit!! I finally learned the meaning of accuracy!!
Old 07-04-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
I got a piece of little mermaid fabric in the mail yesterday...If I get to feeling better, I will start on a little mermaid bow tucks for my GD....As soon as she saw mine, she wanted one like it with Ariel on it!! She will be 5 next month and is as cute as a bug!!
What is a bow tucks??? thanks SG
Old 07-04-2010, 04:28 PM

I finished sewing the binding on a baby quilt that was started 2 years ago. My niece was having a baby girl -- unfortunately the baby came with certain attachments! So, I had to shift gears and make a boy quilt. The girl quilt went into the closet. Now it is finished except for label. Someday I'll post a photo.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Navy Wife
I'm working on a baby quilt for a friend. She is expecting her first great grandchild.
I put my first Quilt for Kids into a sandwich this morn. I'm going to finish it pillowcase style.

20 yr. Navy wife
Old 07-04-2010, 09:07 PM

I'm working on a baby quilt for my step-granddaughter's new one due the middle of Oct. Then, my granddaughter (another one)came to me for help making her very first pillow to give to a friend of hers. She's a quick study and very artistic, so I'm sure she'll do great. I just hope she can finish it in one day as that's the only time she alloted me. I'll take any time I can get to spend with her. :)
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 PM

I'm so happy to hear other quilters don't get to finish their quilts in a timely fashion. My oldest granddaughter's wedding quilt has been worked on, ripped apart because of measurement problems, and there it is in a special box waiting for me to get to it. Right now that looks pretty doubtful. :cry:
Old 07-04-2010, 09:14 PM

who has time to watch TV? Just kidding. I have it on in my sewing room. But if it's a really suspenseful program, I find I've made too many mistakes and have to redo what I did. :oops:
Old 07-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Finishing the framing on my Leaf Quilt
Old 07-05-2010, 05:44 AM

i'm piecing a queen size quilt for my son and daughter in law. its a windowpane pattern that i'm really going to have to concentrate to get right!