Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What happened to hairnets or ponytails? >

What happened to hairnets or ponytails?

What happened to hairnets or ponytails?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:55 AM

The people at our Subway alway put on clean gloves. The person making the sandwiches never checks you out till all preps are through. I know they must go through a ton of gloves.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:14 PM

Here in Ca. I believe it is law that food service workers must wear some kind of hair containment. I have owned two restraunts, and worked in several more, and ALWAYS had to wear some sort of protection. What is worse is the overuse of those awful vinyl gloves. I have seen some workers go from task to task without changing them. I was in a Sams Club one time and the girl at the cash register (nothing dirtier than money) had on gloves, and went from the register to serve my hot dog with the same gloves on. I asked for my money back and went elsewhere. Yucck
Old 08-05-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Yes ,but the worst is when there are food progs on tv and the chefs/cooks taste the cooking food THEN put the spoon BACK into the food ----UGH!
ALSO , to make the plate look poseur , they wipe the plate if any food has" strayed out of place" with a grubby looking rag that they keep on their waist------NO THANKS!!!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 AM

I worked at a sandwich shop for two years. We never had to wear hair nets (thank goodness!!), but we always had our hair pulled up. I usually took a shower before work every day and put my hair up in a real tight bun when it was wet - hardly any stray hairs that way and my hair was LONG.

We wore gloves (our sandwich was much similar to Subway, except it uses Pitas and has a grill) and changed them a lot. I think we were pretty clean and don't see the necessity for hairnets as long as employees keep their hair pulled back (preferably in a bun if it's long).
Old 10-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!