Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you miss most about your childhood? >

What do you miss most about your childhood?

What do you miss most about your childhood?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:32 PM

I had a pink battery-operated Barbie car.

I still remember the spring day I tried to use it and discovered that I had grown too big to fit inside.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:53 PM

I miss my grandma...she died when I was 18. I'm 62 and still think about her on a regular basis.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:16 PM

going fishing with my daddy when I was little, I was the only one of 5 kids that didn't get sea sick, so he always took me...
Old 07-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Banned

miss having immediate family, i dont have my mom, Dad or grandparents. They all died so young :(
Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 PM

Miss having family around - used to go to my Grandma's on a Saturday, many aunts and uncles would gather too for picnics, etc. usually turned into a card or domino evening, we kids would stay awake as long as we could, eventually falling asleep wherever we happened to be. We'd get herded half asleep into the car and have to be carried into the house when we finally got home. Such a great memory!!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:32 PM

Saturday mornings.......

We lived in a small town, on a dead end street. The grocery store was almost in our front yard. Dad would send either my older brother or myself to the store for a huge box of cereal or two. And we got to keep the change!! Then we got to sit in the living room, )which wasn't usually allowed). And we got to watch cartoons and eat breakfast.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:35 AM
kpc

The only thing I miss is my grandparents.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:47 AM
JJs
Banned

The things that saved my childhood were reading voraciously and spending the summers at band after I got to junior high.. my mother wanted ONE kid - guess who was number two?
She HATED her sister that was born after her and all my life she has called me by that sister's name - and guess what - she 'got to' do anything she wanted to that "sister" after I arrived...

I have thanked God numerous times that I did NOT get the mental instability that plagued her and my sister and that my children and their children have been spared.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 AM

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....it was not a happy one and I am glad I made it through it. I am blessed with a wonderful husband, children , grandchildren and friends now....THANKS BE TO GOD
Old 07-15-2010, 08:51 AM

I had a wonderful childhood. We played outside from sun up to sun down. We rode our bikes, went swimming, had picnic lunches. Reading a book from page one to the end without stopping. Picked apricots, grapes or strawberries from the neighbors. They didn't care, just as long as we ate them and they weren't wasted. Try doing that today! My mom never worried about us, or where we went. Only rule, be home by dinner time! Gosh! Those were the days. The lazy days of summer! ;)