Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What do you miss most about your childhood? >

What do you miss most about your childhood?

What do you miss most about your childhood?

Old 07-14-2010, 12:27 PM

the good old days everything the price,s and cost of living going to show with a $1.00 and spend all day watching 2 movies plus a cartoom that $1.00 went a long way ,feeling safe eveywhere we went in those day,s
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Saturday morning cartoons with the Road Runner and Bugs Bunny that my kids watched. Heaven forbid - they took those off and replaced them with "cartoons" that teach disrespect, ridicule others
Old 07-14-2010, 12:44 PM

Working in my grandaddy's workshop with him (I'm sure he was able to do more work when I wasn't around to "help", but I really enjoyed it!!)
Old 07-14-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Saturday morning cartoons with the Road Runner and Bugs Bunny that my kids watched. Heaven forbid - they took those off and replaced them with "cartoons" that teach disrespect, ridicule others
Yes, I remember we worried that the roadrunner might be too violent for the kids to watch!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Power Poster

I miss going to see my grandpa. He saved the tulips for me to pick. He had a huge garden and I would eat the raspberries right from the bush. It was so much fun there.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:08 PM

I miss the complete freedom! we lived in a rural area in Michigan, My ( single)mother worked nights and went to school in the afternoon, during the summer she'd come home at 7am, shoo us out of the house and tell us not to come back until we heard the captains bell ( it was the only way she could get any peace with 4 kids.).. those were the best days! the whole world lay waiting for us, miles of country back roads & woods, some days we'd ride our horses into town and go to the Library. Depending on how late it was in the season, we'd have fresh strawberries, raspberries, Asparagus, carrots, and blueberries on the side of the road; we never worried about what we'd eat for lunch. I still eat things off the side of the trail when we hike, it makes my husband VERY nervous, so far, so good.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:03 PM

You are so very right!!!!

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
Old 07-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Power Poster

Not much, my childhood was lousy.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:49 PM

My Mom and Dad, both in top physical and mental condition. I lost my Dad 2 years ago and my Mom in April so they are still constantly on my mind. Their last few years they were so physically debilitated and then confused I miss them as young parents so much. Sorry, I am still very emotional about them.
Sue
Old 07-14-2010, 07:52 PM

Sliding down gravel piles, finding pretty rocks (and a few fossils) in those same gravel piles, holding the yardstick for Daddy to check the level of the smoothed off gravel piles, sitting in reclining lawn chairs on the back walk looking up at the stars, going across the street to Aunt Nettie's to watch Ben Casey on TV, slumber parties at friend's houses (& calling people on the phone to ask them if they had Prince Albert in a can...better let him out), riding my bike down Park Hill and walking it back up!