Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores! >

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Let's give some Gold Stars to our LQS/Fab. stores!

Old 07-16-2010, 05:29 AM

I have one just a block from my house names Vineyard. The owners name is Barb. Not a very big LQS but warm, friendly and if you are down she has a hug and then a story for a laugh. It is in Independence, Ia. Then there is another one about 20 mins. in Oelwein, Ia. The owners name is LouAnn. It is called LouAnn's Quilt Garden and Retreat. She too is like the lady from the first store. They make you feel special
Old 07-16-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by berryberry
Quilting Adventures in Richmond Va is a must stop and shop. Good selection of fabrics and the staff is awesome.
Well, Now I was gonna say so, but I will just ditto Berryberry, and say that Joyce, the owner and all of her staff are just fabulous!!! (and sometimes she has free donuts....)
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 AM

I frequent Jam Patch Quilt Store in Stuart, FL often. The owners are always friendly and very helpful. I took in a quilt top I was making for my mom, had bought the partial kit at the quilt show. They helped me pick out material for the borders, (ended up using all of them :D ) Explained why I needed to do a couple of the steps I had done. Always helpful, always friendly. Another time, they let us wander and look while they were having their Million Pillowcase day. Oh, and the fabrics there are terrific.
Kat
Old 07-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Wow, Moon Holiday! Your DH is a gem to get you to all those NH shops on a regular basis from the upper valley!! He's a keeper for sure! :D
Old 07-16-2010, 05:56 AM

Happiness is Quilting in McKinney Tx - The staff is terrific and always encouraging. No matter what I am working on, they have great ideas and will spend as much time as you need working with you.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by ghostrider
Wow, Moon Holiday! Your DH is a gem to get you to all those NH shops on a regular basis from the upper valley!! He's a keeper for sure! :D

He sure is a gem. 46+ years and counting!
Old 07-16-2010, 06:04 AM

In Tucson, Az., my favorite is Quilter's Market. The employees and owner, Lynda, are very friendly and helpful. The shop is cheerful with bright and bold fabrics. Classes, bees and clubs. Stop in and you will be delighted.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:09 AM

My Quilt Shop in Sargent Bluff, Iowa gets my vote. Such a nice friendly bright place to go to. People are knowledgeable and very helpful.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:24 AM

There are several quilt shops I frequent in Southeast and Central Texas---Sew What Bernina in Beaumont, Texas--owned by Glenda Hulet; Painted Pony in La Porte, Texas; Creations in Kerville, Texas.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:49 AM

Great LQS in Adel, Iowa, Adel Quilting and Dry Goods. Couldn't ask for more courteous and helpful people. Always willing to answer your questions and help in any way possible. I compliment Jacque and her helpers. They do a great job.