Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would U do in this case..... >

What would U do in this case.....

What would U do in this case.....

Old 10-06-2010, 07:29 AM

This has happened to me before, and unfortunately it is just the person.

However, I have become a horrible procrastinator and will put off the simple things even while doing more complex things.

Call her, and then the matter can be resolved in your own mind and you can let it go.

Susan
Old 10-06-2010, 07:50 AM

I would call and say "oh I hadn't heard from you yet on how much of the fabric you would need to use on the quilt. How is it turning out?" see how the conversation plays out. And like the other ladies, post how things go, because I'm curious lol.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 AM

I'd just call and ask how the quilt turned out. She may have completely forgotten about paying you if she was really busy with a wedding. And if she says nothing about the $$$, then lesson learned. I try to be optomistic with people. I see the glass as half full, not half empty.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 AM

Definitely follow up, and ask if she decided to use it all, and then when she responds, bring up agreeing on a price.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 AM

i would call her up and ask how much of it she had used , that you would like the left over back because you are thinking of using it and dont want to have to buy some because you might be able to use what she didnt (maybe this will jog her brain)
and she will bring up the fact she still owes you!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:57 AM

If you don't call her this will weigh on your mind forever. I'm sarcastic and hate confrontation so I would call her and say, "Oh, I'm so glad you answered. I thought you were dead because we agreed that you would call me about the price of the plaid fabric that you got from me and I haven't heard a peep from you." If she says she's sorry, she's been busy with the wedding, and ask how much you want for the fabric, then you'll have your fabric or money. If she says she'll call you back or makes some other excuse then I would somehow remind her that she goes to church with your mother and I guess you will have learned a lesson. Let us know what happens.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 AM

I agree with JanRN. Mention it nicely & hope she is a good person and will come through for you. Otherwise, it's a lesson learned.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
mac

I have a committee in my head that sometimes makes me insane because it will not shut up about whether I should do something or not. It is so easy for them to run amok with all sorts of reasons for whatever is bothering me. I find that only closure on a situation (whether it is positive or negative) will finally quiet them down.

To find closure to your situation, just ask her. You can call her up and invite her over for tea/coffee and ask if she is through with auditioning the fabrics that she took for her quilt. If she says ‘yes’, ask if she can bring back the fabrics she is not using. If her life is hectic, she’ll be glad for a little break in her schedule.

If she is a user, it won't bother her that you asked. Users never hear what people are asking when it doesn't coincide with their plans. That is why they can blatantly use people and never have it bother them.

If it is an oversight on her part, because there is so much going on with the quilt and wedding plans, she'll be glad you called to remind her. It is so easy when you have a deadline to get blinders on and not remember the things you promised.

Communication is so important. Closure helps us to move on, learn from our mistakes (if any were made) and gives us our power back.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:41 AM

WOW.....did ya call yet???

Life has a way of getting in the way of the best intentions. I would much rather think that someone just got so busy they forgot than to think they wanted to cheat me...

I must be blessed, I have only had one encounter with a cheater, (it was a swap) and I have been doing this for a very long time.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 AM

An old saying:

"If you lend someone $20 and never hear from that person again, it was probably a good investment."