Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas >

Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

Quilter's Hubby needs Christmas gift ideas

Old 12-10-2010, 06:55 AM

A gift card, but to be romantic, for every dollar, include a reason you love her.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:57 AM

I'm not sure if this has been suggested yet, but a nice quilt rack to display her quilts would be good. I love mine.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 AM

Hope she posts something for you soon!
Old 12-10-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by quilter68
Lady Jane Doe,

Love your Avatar! Is it possible to view it full scale?

Quilter68 who is now 69
You are very kind. I will post a new thread sometime today and PM you.

I like the idea that many have proposed about a retreat. It doesn't even have to be a formal retreat with a group of quilters . I've taken a night or two away with my machine, ironing board ,and project and stayed in a hotel ( with room service) and just spent some quality time sewing. It's marvelous. No phone, no child to deal with, no meals to make, no laundry to fold....

The hardest thing is that while we're (almost) all ladies, we're all different. But you'll browse these ideas and find what might be perfect for your gal. This is a great group of suggestions.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:58 AM

Does she have the big ironing board? I would love for my DH to give me one for Christmas.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mary L Booth
How about Alto's quilt cut system. I just got one and love it. It makes for cutting so easy.
:thumbup:
Old 12-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dungeonquilter
Does she have the big ironing board? I would love for my DH to give me one for Christmas.
My husband just gave me one. Boy do I love it. It is actually a tabble 6x2 1/2 feet and has a thick wool felt wool pad.

http://usaus.us/cart/quilters-ironin...-tone-p-6.html

It is not just an ironning board. It is made so much better, commercial style.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:14 AM

Wow, so many great ideas already posted!

The thing that I loved was my hubby helping me fix up my sewing room. He put in lots of light, ran an additional electrical circuit. Helped me to build two design walls and helped me make a large press top for my cutting table. Any one of those things could be wonderful.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by qltrzdh
My wife is a great quilter and a wonderful wife/friend/confidant/support system all rolled into one pretty package.

She's made Christmas quilts, purses, table runners and things I can't even identify.

I need help in chosing a great gift for my favorite quilter. In these troubled times, money is a little tight but I am sure there is enough for something nice. Maybe not a new quilting machine but she already has a big monster that must be 10' long and a Genomie sewing machine to boot. She has enough fabric to quilt Rhode Island and maybe Vermont to boot. So, what is a DH to do?

Is there anything that comes close to being a romantic quilting gift? I want this to be a special Christmas for her. I don't want to buy another set of spark plugs and wrench so she can change them herself again. Hey, a couple of years ago the plugs made her car run better but it hurt when she hit me with the wrench. Oil for her car is out too.

Suggestions please.

Wally
Wally ----- I am sending you a PM with an idea for you that my DH designed and makes.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 AM

I actually took my mom to a quilt retreat this year for her Christmas gift. It was our fourth one and has become a tradition. I think that is a great idea and probably not one she will be expecting!!

As for gadgets, does she have a sidewinder? That is a little machine that winds bobbins. I also love my large thread holder (a big metal dowel on a weight that sits behind the machine and holds the really big thread spools.) And, my mustache trimmer for tearing out seams. Those are some small, inexpensive items she would have to unwrap.

Good luck!! Merry Christmas!