Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's next? >

What's next?

What's next?

Old 12-19-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
We've all been diligently working hard on our Christmas gifts. What will you do when the holidays are over? Birthday gifts? Baby gifts? I'd love to hear what you'll be trying next!!
Im going to start my quilt I want to enter in July quilt show
Old 12-19-2010, 05:40 AM

A quilt for my daughter, a mix of purple Batiks.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:57 AM

First clean and regroup then yes baby and wedding gifts and on and on the quilting circle goes happily along!
Old 12-19-2010, 06:01 AM

Probably make a new quilt for my bed. All mine are twin size and when I moved a got a full size (since I have a bedroom and a quilt room now) I also have some pet portraits to get started on. Some quilts to repair and one to finish up. I wanted it done by Christmas well maybe next year. lol
Old 12-19-2010, 06:10 AM

Birthday. My friend lives on 10 acres in AZ growing veggies for the farmers market. I am making her an applique quilt that has veggies on it. Will post pic's when done.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by MommaDorian
We've all been diligently working hard on our Christmas gifts. What will you do when the holidays are over? Birthday gifts? Baby gifts? I'd love to hear what you'll be trying next!!
I have some Christmas gifts that got postponed or changed; so I am hoping to work on them and maybe be ready for next year. I am sure glad I started in early September; would have never gotten done. And I am going to try the large twister block, the easy 9 patch and easy HST.....and....and....and...
Old 12-19-2010, 06:47 AM

I need to reorganize and clean my room. I have been so busy this year that Ihave several little piles and bigger piles of stuff that I had put 'just out of the way', that are now IN the way. Then to start working on my ufo's, many of which are (selfish) mine. On the Resolution question posted by another quilter, mine is to start working on making all of my 'bookmarks'.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:23 AM

My first priority is to finish my cross stitch & embroidery wedding ring quilt. Then my spring wall hangings & bed quilt. Need to finish before garden time.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:27 AM

I plan to make a jacket out of men's ties that I have been collecting for some time I will try to design it myself so this might be more of a project than I can handle
Old 12-19-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by sewTinker
I am deTermined to Not make gifts in 2011. One year off from gift-making. All of my quilting career (lol... 10 years, minus 2.5 years away from it) has been about completing quilts in time. In Time. Birthdays, mother's day, new babies... I want a year where I am quilting to improve and vary my skills. Where I have Time to fiddle and experiment without the pressure of hurry hurry hurry.

I'm really really looking forward to it! After christmas, I will re-organize my quilting corner and work on diminishing my scraps via string quilting. Then! Who Knows what Glorious creations await! I'm excited!
I am with you girl!