Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • gonna be grandma >
  • gonna be grandma

• gonna be grandma

Old 12-20-2010, 06:36 PM

Your life will never be the same again! You will wonder how you spent your time before!
    Old 12-20-2010, 08:09 PM

Congratulations! How fun to have a new grandbaby to sew and quilt for! I think anything made by Grandma has to be wonderful! I have 10 grandchildren and I dearly love to sew and quilt for all of them. When I was a little girl, I longed for my grandmother to make something for me. She was the only grandparent I had, but she had 11 children and I lost count of how many grandchildren. Finally after I was married she made me a Yo Yo pillow. I treasure it to this day as she died a few years later. So my grandchildren didn't have a choice; their Grandma was going to sew and quilt for them:-) I start when they are young and tell them it is 'A Love Gift.' Thus far they seem to genuinely love and appreciate the things I make. They even go through my stash and select the fabric! I'm sure you will have many happy quilting days ahead for this little one!
    Old 12-20-2010, 11:04 PM

Here's what I did for my niece's first baby. Since I come from a large family, I asked all the women to send me a FQ of a nice baby flannel that appealed to them. We knew she was having a girl. After I collected the flannel I embroidered their names, i.e., "Great Aunt Rose", or "Grandma Pat", etc., on each piece. I sewed white flannel sashing between the colorful squares. The backing is flannel and I didn't use batting. It's heavy enough and as it turns out, it came to be a twin size quilt. It was presented to her at her baby shower. All it needs now is a pocket so it can be hung until she grows into it. (Let's see if I can find the browse button to include a photo.)

Photo must still be in camera. But here's Baby Aiyanna.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]146378[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-146373.bmp  
    Old 12-21-2010, 03:55 AM

YEAH!! Another grandmother! What an awesome experience! I made our first three grands rag quilts - that way they could be used anyway, anywhere, dragged thru the mud if they wanted to! Didn't have time to make one for the 4th little one!

They still your heart away!! (