Texas Get Together

Old 01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Mark the calendars. Teh next one is March 12, saturday. Location yet to be disclosed. Checking on somewhere with a private room as we decided to bring show and tells too. SO mark the calendars. Every other month is what we are doing. In between those meetings, you can of course get together at houses. Grannyp70 will be posting more. Stay tuned......
I also have a retreat going at the Quilts inn in Granbury May20-22 YOu can look it up and see where on
houstonstmercantile.com and then slick on retreat. It's gonna be fun. ONly sleeps 12 and we have 7 already. The one's I know for sure are NP3,Joanieu, Grannyp70, GaiGai,Kwhite,Ducky, Suekitten1, Jazway. We have 4 coming from out of state so more like a QB retreat, not just Texas. ANd you can drop in during the day saturday to just visit if you are CLose, let me know so I will expect you. PM me for more info. Guess we can have sleepingbags too. That's a thought. LOL
I see you are back on and having a good time. Getting really excited about May! Had to kick hubby off the PokerStars.net to get a note in here!
Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 PM

GrannyP,
I was looking at the pics again of the first get together
and trying to figure out who is who. Are you the one
in the bright blue top next to a man with a hat on?
I know you said you were bringing your hubby, so
I was wondering if that was you. I sure wish it had
been yesterday instead, because the weather was
perfect yesterday. But, I'm still glad y'all got the ball
rolling.
Have a great day!
Marcia
Old 01-23-2011, 12:21 PM

Never mind. I looked at some of the earlier pics and see that the person I was thinking was you was Wanda. I know who
you are now, and who the others are. I should have looked before I asked. Sorry!
Marcia
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 AM

Hi Marcia, that's alright, so you did find my ugly mug in another post. LOL LOL I am glad that you found out who was who. By the way the next get together is going to be March 12, don't know where yet but will let you know as soon as we decide where it will be, it will be somewhere in Granbury I am sure if not at Debbie's house. but plan on coming to that one ok. I think that it is going to be a show and tell as well, like bring something that you have made or that you are working on. So instead of getting together every month we decided that ever other month would be better. So plan on March 12th ok. Will get more information and will let you know when I find out. Have a great day.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by grannyp70
By the way the next get together is going to be March 12, don't know where yet but will let you know as soon as we decide where it will be, it will be somewhere in Granbury I am sure if not at Debbie's house.
I don't know how everyone else feels about this, and if
it would even be possible, especially for you, grannyp,
because I know you can't leave your husband alone, but
I was wondering if we could possibly spread around where
we meet instead of it only being in Granbury. I know I
haven't been to a meeting yet, so maybe I shouldn't speak
up, but I think it would be fun to have it maybe in Burleson
sometimes, or SW Ft. Worth, even. We could have it
somewhere like Golden Corral in Burleson - they have a
room that could be reserved, or Cousins Barbecue (there
is one right off I-20 in SW Ft. Worth), who also have a room that can be reserved, both at no charge.

That way, people that might come from the Dallas area, or
even S. Ft. Worth, Cleburne, etc., could sometimes be a
little closer to home. These are just my thoughts that I am
throwing out there. Whatever the consensus of the group
is will be fine with me.
Have a Great Day!
Marcia
Old 01-24-2011, 02:18 PM

Hey Monica, I think that you have a good idea, I don't know if I can come all depends on my hubby at the time but I think that we all should consider having it some other places to. So I will talk to everyone and see what they think, I am just posting all this and don't have but just my opinon like you but I still think that would be a great idea then maybe more would come. We had several that came last time from Cleburne, I know for some it would be hard from them to come from Burleson, I use to live there years ago, but I think that we should think about where others live also. Will let you know what we all come up with, I will share your idea to the others. Take care am hoping see you at the next one. Have a great evening. and keep in touch. Nita
Old 01-25-2011, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by grannyp70
Hey Marcia, I think that you have a good idea, I don't know if I can come all depends on my hubby at the time but I think that we all should consider having it some other places to. So I will talk to everyone and see what they think, I am just posting all this and don't have but just my opinon like you but I still think that would be a great idea then maybe more would come. We had several that came last time from Cleburne, I know for some it would be hard from them to come from Burleson, I use to live there years ago, but I think that we should think about where others live also. Will let you know what we all come up with, I will share your idea to the others. Take care am hoping see you at the next one. Have a great evening. and keep in touch. Nita
Hi Nita,
I appreciate you mentioning this idea to the others.
However, I would not want it to be in a place where
you couldn't come. If it's hard for you to come into
west Ft. Worth, then we should just go ahead and do it
in Granbury. Also, the place in West Ft. Worth I was
talking about was Cousin's Barbecue, not Golden Corral.
The Golden Corral has close in Ft. Worth, but there is
one in Burleson. Anyway, I guess we'll see what people
say, but my vote is to have it at a place that you could come,
especially since you got all this started. Also, I noticed that
the planned date to meet is the Dallas Quilt Show weekend.
I won't be going to the show, and if that is the best weekend
to meet, I would much rather get together with some of
the others that came last time than go to the show anyway.
Thank is, again, just my opinion.
Have a Great Day!
Marcia
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 AM

Hey I didn't know that the Golden Corral had closed thats not good. LOL LOL anyway I can come to Ft. Worth sometime that want be a problem, but it looks like most want to go to the Dallas quilt show, don't know for sure yet but will let you know a little bit later on after I find out what all the others really want to do. OK Hey it doesn't matter that I was the one that started this, it is a place where everyone can speak their opion and it will not offend anyone. I welcome everyones opion at anytime and I think that the marjority should be where we get together if everyone can at that time.So please everyone speak up.