Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Probably nobody else will find this funny! >

Probably nobody else will find this funny!

Probably nobody else will find this funny!

Old 02-10-2011, 10:29 AM

God bless you both. Hugs, prayers, and love!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:42 AM

As a nurse I can appreciate your humor. Sometimes we just have to say a wise crack to keep things in perspective. Hang in there! Glad your hubby also has a good sense of humor.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:00 PM

A sense of humor is so important at this time. You are both in my prayers.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:10 PM

I like your husband. I was diagnosed 5 years ago and given 2 years to live. Told my husband I wasn't going to die and leave my stash for his next wife, He keeps buying me more fabric. Tell your husband that my prayers are heaven bound just for him.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:18 PM

Lynn....I thought of you twice today. First when you posted and then second when I was at the LQS...very busy today (maybe because us MN people could get out in warmer temperatures)and the ladies in front of my line were all giggling about "what their husband would say about their sewing room" if she wasn't with him anymore! I had to laugh and again think of you, your posting. The cutiest one said was...he would be fine until he started to clean under the BEDS...I can just hear him now...saying now I know where all our money went (meaning the stash he found of material) Hope U R having a good day
Old 02-10-2011, 02:22 PM

what i hear in all that is two people that have a love for each other that knows no bounds..... you two have had 49yrs together of loyal and loving moments....
when his time comes... you will have peace and feel NO guilt because you gave and shared so much honestly all your lives... best wishes to you both... barbara
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 PM

In 1995 my mother in law passed away in our home. The next day I went into her bedroom open the shades and windows and began to pack up all her things and load up the van. I came into the house to get the last bag and the phone rang. The funeral home was looking for some clothes. Oh my goodness I had to dig thur the bags and find some clothes. :oops:
Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Great since of humor so glad you can do that. Once when I had to take my dh to hospitol, he had lung cancer, well I decided to have a heart attack so I pulled over and my very feeble husband ended up driving last 40 miles. He ended up in cancer ward I ended up in cardiac we joked about that wild trip untill he died. We would argue in fun about who got to fly away first. He won left 3 years ago God was watching over us that day still dont know why we just didn't call an ambulance
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM

I totally get the sense of humor - life is too short not to laugh and you have to take them where you can find them. My prayers are for you and your family. Hang in there.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Izy

I understand completely how much 'joking' helps you cope, my DH was diagnosed with terminal cancer 12 months ago, we found it so difficult to say 'when you die' so we settled on 'when you pop your clogs'....keeping it light hearted makes it so much easier to talk about and deal with, I wish you both strength and peace to get you through each day, Keep laughing it's the best therapy there is ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) from some one who knows....