Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Halloween Block Swap 2014 >

Halloween Block Swap 2014

Halloween Block Swap 2014

Old 09-23-2014, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
Did you put a tracking number on it owlvamp? I mailed it just like you sent the envelope to me. I have no way of tracking it. There are a couple gals who are getting them this late, so maybe today?

Also, you might ask your mail man where it is. The envelope was pretty fat, so maybe he/she will remember.
No i just put the stamps on it and when you take the package to the post office they will put a tracking number on it for you and print out the numbers so you can track it. It doesn't cost any extras.My post office wouldn't put on the tracking number until its actually being shipped. So it will be the same for winter/winter swap. The stamps are on the envelope and when you take it to the post office they will put a tracking number on for nothing.....
Old 09-23-2014, 09:38 AM

This is a good time to ask everyone to please use the confirmation slips. They can really be of use when you are waiting on your blocks. Yes, they are seventy cents at the post office, but, well worth the money in a case like this. You just attach it and save the receipt or mail it like that to where I can tear it off and save it so we can track it.
It doesn't cost extra with the flat rate envelopes. It comes with it. Did you just pop it in the mail or in at the post office to a clerk?
Old 09-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Power Poster

Hubby took them to the post office last night about 6:30 p.m. or so. I started yesterday morning early and finished late in the evening. But, he had to go to pick up his insulin from Raley's and the post office up here is across the street from there. So girls, they are on the way!
Just like I promised .... Done and gone!
owlvamp,
My hubby took them this time. He knew I was tired and had an errand to run late in the evening. Don't despair, they should be there soon.
Old 09-23-2014, 11:15 AM

Oh dang okay well hopefully they will arrive... I didn't catch that but will learn to pay attention more.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:18 PM

Sometimes the labels fall off. Sorry about that. I know that I didn't do a perfect job girls, but, I sure tried hard for you all considering everything. OK?

Maybe I shouldn't host swaps anymore.
RED- YOU DID A GREAT JOB HOSTING!! I just keep playing with all of the blocks, touching them, moving them around....IT'S SOOO WONDERFUL!!
THANK YOU thank you ThAnKyOuuuuuUUUUUUuuuu!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:45 PM

I always thought there was a tracking number on our packages. When you pay for a flat rate envelope, you automatically get a tracking number. That's why I sent a flat rate envelope with my return address on it. Luckily I did receive my blocks.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dfelker View Post
RED- YOU DID A GREAT JOB HOSTING!! I just keep playing with all of the blocks, touching them, moving them around....IT'S SOOO WONDERFUL!!
THANK YOU thank you ThAnKyOuuuuuUUUUUUuuuu!!!
I am glad to do it Dorothy. I will feel better about it when owlvamp gets her blocks though.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:13 AM

Signups for the October pincushion/needlecase swap has been posted. The theme is Halloween and/or Fall. Please come and join us. We had a great time this month. Check out a collage of all the pictures on the September swap thread.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:57 PM

Tracking is free with the regular cost of the priority flat rate postage but of course you have to take them to the post office counter to mail them. They put a $0.00 metered stamp on it and give you a receipt with the tracking # on it.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
Tracking is free with the regular cost of the priority flat rate postage but of course you have to take them to the post office counter to mail them. They put a $0.00 metered stamp on it and give you a receipt with the tracking # on it.
Yes this correct..
Sorry I still haven't received my Halloween blocks yet.