Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I am drinking whey protien shakes for breakfast and lunch. Then eating a small supper. I'm trying to keep calories around a 1000 a day. 1 scoop of powder has 140 calories and 26 grams of protien. I use 1/2 a scoop of the powder and 1 cup of 2% milk = about 200 calories. It's like drinking a cho. shake. I could live on this stuff. I put it thru the blender with crushed ice. In the evening if I want something sweet I will make another shake. It has really helped with the sweet cravings. I get it from walmart. They have alot of different flavors. Cookies and cream, peanutbutter (taste like a reese's pb cup, fruit punch, and vanilla. The vanilla is great if you add fruit - just like a smoothie. The brand I use is by Body Fortress. It runs about $16.00 and has about 27 scoops. So it last around 3 weeks. Plus I try to use my eliptical machine everyday - 3 ten minute sessions.

Originally Posted by Xylie55
I weighed in this morning and was so surprised that I lost 4 lbs. I've done real good so far this month. Hope everyone is is having a good weekend. Sending positive thoughts out to everyone.
How are you losing your weight?
OH,I just watched some video's on those.I like the protien your getting.Well,I might have to try some.I tried some 20 yrs ago and they absolutely tasted like chalk.But today,I'm sure they are a lot better.Well,good for you to have the gumption to stick with it.I like the spirutien,but they are expensive.One trick I learned is that we can put some instant pudding for flavoring to switch it up a bit.Like pistacheo,butterscotch,etc for different flavors.I get tired of just the same every day.Well it's great when we find something that works.Keep it up,your doing great..........
Old 08-14-2011, 09:30 PM

[quote=bjeriann]I am drinking whey protien shakes for breakfast and lunch. Then eating a small supper. I'm trying to keep calories around a 1000 a day. 1 scoop of powder has 140 calories and 26 grams of protien. I use 1/2 a scoop of the powder and 1 cup of 2% milk = about 200 calories. It's like drinking a cho. shake. I could live on this stuff. I put it thru the blender with crushed ice. In the evening if I want something sweet I will make another shake. It has really helped with the sweet cravings. I get it from walmart. They have alot of different flavors. Cookies and cream, peanutbutter (taste like a reese's pb cup, fruit punch, and vanilla. The vanilla is great if you add fruit - just like a smoothie. The brand I use is by Body Fortress. It runs about $16.00 and has about 27 scoops. So it last around 3 weeks. Plus I try to use my eliptical machine everyday - 3 ten minute sessions.

Thanks for posting what brand of protein powder you use. I am not a breakfast person at all. I was thinking this might help me but wasn't sure what brand to get. I am going to pick some up when I get paid.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
hey folks, I'm taking off the 10 pound gain, now just 4 pounds. Tomorrow is my hospital tests, pls remember me in your prayers, those that do.

Congrats on your weight loss and moving off your plateau.
Sometimes a gain is what it takes to move you again.

Hugs,
MJ
Oh,great.In this heat it's hard to stay focused.I'm sure that 4 pounds will go too.Pretty soon I hope,it will be fall weather for most,and they can get out and get more exersise,and walk some.I think I'll try some of that whey powder.I saw it really does help lose weight,and is 1/2 the cost of spirutien.I need to cut calories.I watched a vid on gaining some weight to get the metabolism working again so I can start losing.I put on 7 pounds last week,and did get 5 pounds off again.So must be something to it.It worked so far.Sounds crazy,but I was willing to try,as I didn't have anything to lose,except weight.We need to 'try' different things I think if what were doing isn't working especially.Good job mj.We know you can do it.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
just got off skype with olivia kate. she says hi. :) she is absolutely adorable and i can not wait to get there!!! i will try to send pictures!
xylie--so glad you're losing again! i'm hanging in the doorway of one-derland. wish i could just drop 10 lbs and feel like there's a little cushion. it will come i know, just impatient!
we are getting a deep soaking rain! jsnomore-we should meet at a mall and walk. can't be raining or hot in there! i don't expect i'll get any exercise in dallas, other than having my arms full and lifting a chunk of sugar for kisses! i continue to be impressed with how calm and mellow her parents are. just naturals!
today i am going to finish a couple more blocks for the boomerang swap, and maybe even sandwich olivia's quilt. don't know if i'll quilt it before i go or not. tomorrow i hope to deliver the 3 little boy quilts. and i've finished the doll quilt and mug rug for that swap, just need an address to send it.
mim-- good for you!! sounds like you've been going great guns and now your body is playing catch up! way to go!
hope you all have a wonderful day! eat wisely and enjoy the beauty that is today!
i am losing weight. i am in control. it is up to me!
Well,tell Olivia we said hi back,and be sure to give her a kiss from all of us here {smooch}.She can be our little princess here.That tutu was so cute on her.I bet your fonching at the bit to get to hold her.I would be. I'm glad your in the one unders,you'll see the more you go down,especially when you get to 190/180,it will boost you on even more.I was glad to hit 199.Then next thing I knew I was 180,then 175,then 170,165,then 160.And here I linger.But that's ok.After all that other losing to 160/gaining back to 175/then losing back to 160,I probably did need a couple months of coasting.I confused my body and it didn't know what to expect next.But I'm moving slowly down so starting to go again.You should be to 180 by January,if not before.And you should be at 160 by spring.By summer,you'll be in a bikinni,no problem. I'm going to try the whey protein shakes.I see on you-tube they can really boost your losing.And Bj has lost 21 pounds on it already this month.And she's doing great sticking to it.I think I needed to look to her for my ispiration.She's got me inspired again now.I haven't been inspired in awhile,so she has lit the match to get me going again.So,thank you bj.May she inspire us all and fan the flames to get us all motivated again.I feel better already...........I can lose this weight,I will lose this weight,I am losing it right now...YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:32 PM

[quote=MrsH2008]
I am drinking whey protien shakes for breakfast and lunch. Then eating a small supper. I'm trying to keep calories around a 1000 a day. 1 scoop of powder has 140 calories and 26 grams of protien. I use 1/2 a scoop of the powder and 1 cup of 2% milk = about 200 calories. It's like drinking a cho. shake. I could live on this stuff. I put it thru the blender with crushed ice. In the evening if I want something sweet I will make another shake. It has really helped with the sweet cravings. I get it from walmart. They have alot of different flavors. Cookies and cream, peanutbutter (taste like a reese's pb cup, fruit punch, and vanilla. The vanilla is great if you add fruit - just like a smoothie. The brand I use is by Body Fortress. It runs about $16.00 and has about 27 scoops. So it last around 3 weeks. Plus I try to use my eliptical machine everyday - 3 ten minute sessions.

Thanks for posting what brand of protein powder you use. I am not a breakfast person at all. I was thinking this might help me but wasn't sure what brand to get. I am going to pick some up when I get paid.
I am too.Next time you want to "quote" their post.Push the "QUOTE REPLY" under their post and it will quote it for you,and is a lot easier.Well,I'm going to try some too.I don't do breakfast either,and we should.Good luck
Old 08-14-2011, 11:55 PM

i am lactose intolerant so if i can find it in soy formulation i'm all for it. b'fast, lunch are shakes--right? and dinner is real food , small portions. any snacks?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 AM

I'm in total shock.....today is my weigh in day and I lost another 5 pounds. I felt like I had lost but not that much. I'm in shock but doing the happy dance :D

I was afraid yesterday would have hurt my weigh in. After church we went to this resaurant we had not been to before. I had a Philly Cheese Steak sandwich (we split a 7 inch) and fries. That was lunch, then for dinner I just had a LARGE salad. I did go walk 4 miles last evening.

I ALWAYS eat breakfast. I was not really a breakfast person, except for Sat, something special like omelets...But I started eating breakfast. At first it was just a 1/2 bowl of oatmeal or maybe yogart, but then I branched out....maybe 1/2 english muffin, toasted, with peanut butter(1/2 tsp on a hot muffin taste like a whole tablespoon), fruit, milk and coffee.

You have to eat enough food. Sometimes not eating enough can be just as bad as eating too much. Your body will go into starvation mood and hold onto all those calories for when it thinks famine might be coming. Think "liefestyle change not diet". Is how your eating the way you want to eat the rest of your life? Watch portion control, exercise, and drink water.

During 2009 I lost 90.2 pounds and have kep it off. It took me from Jan 6 to Dec 23 to do it and now I would like to loose another 25 pounds and I will do it....

Ya'll have a wonderful and blessed day.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:25 AM

Hi everyone, sounds like everyone is doing good. I need to get back on the program. My blood sugar being screwed up has really messed up my food plan. Having to eat sugary food to get my blood sugar up when it falls is like a trigger for me. Have a good day everyone.

Oh Xylie, can you remind me when and how you use spirutien?

Keep on going; keep on losing!
Old 08-15-2011, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
i am lactose intolerant so if i can find it in soy formulation i'm all for it. b'fast, lunch are shakes--right? and dinner is real food , small portions. any snacks?
You can use fruit juice or water instead of milk in the shakes. I will have fruit or veggies as a snack. I will also have popcorn. I will put 1/4 cup of kernels in a brown paper bag and put in microwave for about 2 mins. Then spray with zero calorie butter and sprinkle Mrs. Dash seasoning on it. There are so many flavors and the popcorn is only about 40 calories. I have lost 21 lbs since June 1st.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Hello to everyone. Sounds like everyone is fired up to stay on track and keep shedding those pounds.

I have a favorite snack that satisfies my sweet tooth. Kashi has a "honey almond flax" cereal that I eat dry. It's like eating caramel corn/flavored popcorn but it is so good for you. I also like to slice a banana and put it in with the cereal. The cereal sticks to the banana slices like a coating and tastes fantastic! Not a lot of calories but a great source of fiber and it satisfies your hunger and sweet craving. I've found it at Walmart. They have other flavors, but I like this one the best. For those that don't like to eat breakfast, it's perfect. A great on-the-go snack, too.