Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-14-2011, 05:29 AM

thank you, jeanette! it sounds crazy, but it is true! it also took me a couple days to realize i hadn't had any notices from this thread, but i was also trying to get a lot done and hadn't checked in(thanks, xylie! now you understand how i feel when you go mia.<3)
Old 10-14-2011, 08:02 AM

http://scrambledhenfruit.blogspot.co.../label/caramel

The cookie recipe. This blog has a lot of good recipes.

jeanne, please stay. We need you as much as you need us. I plan on hanging around here when I hit my magic number. The cost of a FQ is worth the friendship and camaraderie. I've always known I can't win, but sign up for the challenge.

marscrafter, eating two cookies isn't bad. You can adjust your calories for that or call it your extra calorie day. Eating the whole batch is not good. There is a huge difference.

Everyone, read Nanci's post carefully. I fully agree that a bump up day helps with weight loss. It only takes 24 hours of calorie deprivation for the body to go into starvation mode. I proved it two weeks ago when I vomited for 5 days straight and didn't lose any weight. Sad thing is when I able to eat again, I gained a little, but it's leaving now. Darn gall bladder.

Calorie requirements can't be the same for all of us. Try 10 times your desired weight. For me that's 10 times 140 pounds or 1400 calories to lose weight. I do better with a few less because I am far beyond the 50 year mark when a person's metabolism drops. About 1250 I'd guess.

nanci, your sandwich sounds good and I bet it's very close to my desired 30% fat, 30% protein and 40% carbs. Eat half and save half and it could be enjoyed anytime. But treats are fun, especially when shared.

Patti, there has to be a trick to get your body into the down mode. As hard as it is, can your try a higher calorie day followed by a low calorie day? No matter how short your walk is, try some interval walking. As soon as your muscles are warmed up, zoom for a short distance, then back to normal and repeat as soon as your heart rate goes back down. I now zoom for the distance between houses - at first I think I could only do 15 or 20 steps. It looks like we'll be walking in the rain today.

My weight was down a bit yesterday, but I had a treat (my weekly up day) that I won't name so we'll see what today brings. I have to weigh daily. It's just part of my bath routine.

Yes, Xylie, I have a good immune system. I don't get colds or if I do they last 18 hours. My body does a good job healing the trouble it gets into except for orthopedic problems, but those are related to my long list of autoimmune diseases. Such is life.

Wishing you all a healthy eating day. I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 AM

leaving in about an hour to go home for my sisters funeral. she died unexpectantly yesterday.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:20 AM

BARES, my condolences. That has to be a shock to everyone. Wrap yourself in a quilt of hugs from this group to help you through this. Here's mine. ((Hugs)) and prayers.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:25 AM

BARES, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Have a safe trip and know that our thoughts are with you.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:26 AM

Sorry...duplicate post....fat fingers today (it's cold!!)
Old 10-14-2011, 09:58 AM
elm

Sorry for your loss.
Originally Posted by BARES
leaving in about an hour to go home for my sisters funeral. she died unexpectantly yesterday.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:23 AM

Bares, so sorry for your loss. Losing a sister is a tough one.

Time for me to get off here and get packing. I have a busy rest of the month. We leave in 2 hours to go to Iowa for the weekend where I will give mil her quilted jacket. We'll get home sunday night. Monday morning I go on a 3 day quilt retreat. I'll get home wed afternoon. Thursday afternoon we leave for Canada for a 10 day vacation. Whew!
Some sad news I learned at a meeting this morning. My LQS will be closing mid December. That is my main hangout. :cry:
Old 10-14-2011, 10:53 AM

Patti, I just went back and read your link. Interesting - it was also interesting that it had an link for a 400 calorie diet in it - do they go together? I think to be happy at at higher weight would be wonderful, but for me my mental state is linked to my weight and I need to be the size I am aiming for. At this point in my life, changing that mindset is the least of my worries. Like my son says, "What is, is." I know many people who are less than slim and healthy and happy. I'm very pleased they can feel that way.

Pam, if my LQS closed, I'd be heartbroken. They are such nice people with such wonderful fabrics and right now a lot are $5 a yard.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 AM
mim

thank goodness for this thread -- I'm having an off day -- all the big projects done and I've started packing the case I will mail tomorrow. And I'm MUNCHY -- Good thing thee isn't all that much to eat left. I did go to the grocers this morning and got salad stuff. However I did get a loaf of bread -- intending for sandwich dinners later this week to finish up the tuna.

I will be good and not touch it until Sunday. Think positive!!! -- Mim