Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM >

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Februaru Secret Pal Sign Up Closes Jan 30th 4PM

Old 02-13-2012, 03:20 PM

Well, all my good intentions of getting my parcel in the mail early went out the door real fast. Just sent a parcel off to the east of me to a place in a Park. Should be arriving in 7 to 10 days. I have to try harder for next month to get my parcel out sooner.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
growing up at one time we had one of those manual wringing wash machines. wow that brings back memories.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311166[/ATTACH]
When our son was born in 1970 we were given a wringer washer, we were so grateful, not hand wringer it was electric almost identical to the one pictured. I loved it, no laundry mat for us....It was great for doing his diapers...yes, cloth diapers. We were so broke both going to school and trying make ends meet it was truly a blessing. My whites were so white and the clothes were hung outside on the clothes line.

Yes, Krystyna there was etiquette in hanging clothes outside ~ undies were always inside where no one could see ~ never hang clothes out on the line on Sunday.

Now with allergies to pollen I no longer hang clothes outside, however I have a maple wood indoor drying rack that folds up flat. I use it every laundry day.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
here is a peek at the mug rugs i made for my secret pals this swap. i truly do hope they will enjoy them.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]311533[/ATTACH]
Fat chance they won't like the mug rugs and should they then you can have them send them on to me! I think they are so cute and so appropriate for a February swap!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
when our son was born in 1970 we were given a wringer washer, we were so grateful, not hand wringer it was electric almost identical to the one pictured. I loved it, no laundry mat for us....it was great for doing his diapers...yes, cloth diapers. We were so broke both going to school and trying make ends meet it was truly a blessing. My whites were so white and the clothes were hung outside on the clothes line.

Yes, krystyna there was etiquette in hanging clothes outside ~ undies were always inside where no one could see ~ never hang clothes out on the line on sunday.

Now with allergies to pollen i no longer hang clothes outside, however i have a maple wood indoor drying rack that folds up flat. I use it every laundry day.
the whites did come out so nice,also they didn't have timers so they agitated until you changed it. Which meant you could actually scrub the clothes till they were clean. I had a rope clothesline that went from tree to tree. Looked like i was in the laundry bussiness. My washer was behind my moblehome.i didn't have any neighbors near by then.not even but maybe 3 cars a day went by. But i still put my undies on the line that no one could see if they did come by. What memories.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
the whites did come out so nice,also they didn't have timers so they agitated until you changed it. Which meant you could actually scrub the clothes till they were clean. I had a rope clothesline that went from tree to tree. Looked like i was in the laundry bussiness. My washer was behind my moblehome.i didn't have any neighbors near by then.not even but maybe 3 cars a day went by. But i still put my undies on the line that no one could see if they did come by. What memories.
Well, darn it! My dryer is fixed. So ... until it warms up, no more hanging clothing outside. My hands got so raw!
Speaking of white, I still hand wash all my vintage lace - curtains, table cloths, doilies, etc. and lay it out on the lawn in the sun. The chlorophyll and sun make it shiney white.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 PM

I got my package from DeeDee. She made me a wonderful tote, alot of fat 1/4's, wonderfully long tweezers, candy, tape measure and a notebook. I'll try to take a picture and post it tomorrow. Thank you very much DeeDee.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Thank you April = Bare Foot Quilter for the huge package I received today. Fabric, magazines, fabric, post-it's, fabric, book, Valentine themed items, fabric. Can't wait to use it all!
KathyM
Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Here is the picture of my package from Maggie
Attached Thumbnails img_0261.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 05:44 PM

Got a great package today from Shawnna, right here in Texas. She made me a beautiful Valentine table runner, and I got a charm package of fabric, a package of postage stamp size squares from Moda, some smarties (YUM), a box of Valentine candy, some doggy treats for Miss Daisy and a beautiful tea cup pincushion with decorative pins. It is so dainty and I L*O*V*E it!! Also a very nice note. Thank you so much for everything Shawnna![ATTACH=CONFIG]311651[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001-640x480-.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]311652[/ATTACH] My beautiful teacup
Attached Thumbnails 003-640x480-.jpg