Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed >

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

August Secret pal swap * Sign ups closed

Old 09-01-2010, 10:57 AM

Nice package. Still have not gotten mine.Hopefully maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, I will start my September SS box.

Patsy(homecaregiver)
Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 AM

I rec'd a box from my secret pal at my home. My DH called me at the hospital to let me know. I will not be home to open it until friday or saturday. I know it is wonderful. Thank you secret pal. I also know you pm'd me to see if it got here nad I said it hadn't. Then the next day, there is was. So thank you and I iwll post a picture on here when I get home. I have noticed a few ladies are not joining up again because of comments made on here. So sorry. I plan to, it has been a great three months and I am not going to let anyone ruin my fun. The longer it takes to get, the greater the anticipationl. I got one early in the month before and had to wait all month for another. LOL. Please join again. Give those of us who play right a chance. Look how many of us join and only very few have "life's" interuptions. Happy swapping everyone. My last months pal left the board and I mailed it anyway, not a word from her but I felt good doing it. Also, once a package goes to the wrong state, it has to be redirected and it takes longer. Postal error, LOL. Hope this is all it is.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:55 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

For those of you who may be a bit dissapointed please give it another chance. The moderator will assure that you do receive... the ones who do not fulfill their obligation will not be allowed to play again. The majority of us on here play fair. there are always the ones who do not follow thru and if they feel the need to stiff someone for $10 how sad for them. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around for the good and not so good.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:57 PM

I hope that everybody will give it another chance. I know that I have volunteered to help sent out replacement packages because I want everybody to have a chance to open up fun stuff in the mail.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
For those of you who may be a bit dissapointed please give it another chance. The moderator will assure that you do receive... the ones who do not fulfill their obligation will not be allowed to play again. The majority of us on here play fair. there are always the ones who do not follow thru and if they feel the need to stiff someone for $10 how sad for them. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around for the good and not so good.
I agree.
We all need to remember that this is a public forum, and swap rules is that anybody, new or regular, can participate in swaps. Unfortunately, there will always be cheaters on here and in the world. The hostess is however keeping track, and those people who don't send won't be allowed to join again. Also, Emily ensures that everyone who sent out a package eventually receives one, even if late.
Also, remember, that some people may send out their SP packages later than the deadline, it helps if these people would communicate to their pal so they don't worry about it. But I think many of us like to keep the 'secret" part of the swap.

I enjoy this swap a a lot, and hope many of you continue to do so.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:41 PM

I received a lovely package in the mail today! Now if I could just hear that mine arrived okay, my joy will be complete!

Here is a picture of the goodies Debbie sent. Thanks!!!

(I think I see a peach quilt being made soon... :-P )
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108998.jpe  
Old 09-01-2010, 01:45 PM

I haven't received my package yet either...HOWEVER...I got a really nice PM from my secret pal letting me know that she hasn't dropped off the face of the earth...life just got in the way of her getting done what she really wanted to do! That's all it takes folks...just a quick PM when you know you can't meet the deadline...helps everyones feelings. I don't do this swap for "what I'll get in return" I do it to meet the members on the board and make new friends. I understand that all folks are not honest and will stiff you if they get the chance, but for the most part...I think most everyone here loves to quilt, meet new folks and have a good time!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:49 PM

I agree. I think some of our frustration is more with not knowing that our packages arrived safe and sound than with not getting something in return.

I think it is a real safe-guard in a swap like this to actually get delivery confirmation and a receipt so that if a package doesn't arrive, there is proof that you sent it. I would be very upset if someone thought I was a "deadbeat" if a package did not arrive, even though I sent it.

I also take pictures of what I am sending out, just in case.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by jan10
charmqueen15, i am your secret pal,i recieved your package on the same day my best friends husband passed away,your package was not opened till over the weekend.every thing in your package was great,i have no camera but i thank you for the littlepurse with all the goodies,tape measure,pencil,needles,pins,seam reper,and gauge,and pin cushion,i also like the material,all the great colors,i will so enjoy...i am sorry that i did not get back to you sooner,i know now how importent this is to everyone,so i will not be joining for next month....jan10
Please don't go away. Stay with us. We know "stuff" happens and we all have other responsibilities. I am sure everyone hopes your best friend is doing ok. You are the kind of person I would like to have as a friend. Thank you for being there for your friend when she needed you. And sign up Sept, please.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by jazs2
I received my package today 9-1 from Cindy (cindle)
Love everything I received. I got fons and porter baby quilts I don't have any baby quilt books love it, pack straight pins, seam ripper, Thimble-it, 2 yr planner, and Hershey's Bliss candy.
Thanks Cindy
Your welcome jaz2 glad you liked it and am really happy it got to you I was worried it got lost and would have felt horrible if you hadn't gotten it.