Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 AM

Good morning! Wow! We had a great weekend. We went and looked at property we can't afford, but it was nice to dream.

I have dropped 2 pounds this month and I am thrilled! I am sooo close to the 250s, I really think I might make it there by the end of the month. Woo Hoo!

Dh is cleaning out the closets, so I will have to go to work in a few.

Cindy, you and puppy look so content. I know how she missed you. I know what you mean about the dogs being mad at grnpa, my doggies blame my dh when I get sick.

Lisa, what an awful accident! I am so glad you are better but wow! what a mess! I laughed at the sucking sound too.

Jeanne, I would miss you terribly if you weren't around. Please don't go!

Even when we get to our goal weight, this thread is what keeps us remembering where we were and what we had to do to get successful. Like you said, 1 FQ is a small price to pay for a maintenance fee.

Well, I must go to the closet now. DH is finding the secret pictures!
Old 10-17-2011, 10:01 AM

That was my laugh today "Well, I must go to the closet now. DH is finding the secret pictures!"
I thought you were gonna say he found your secret stash LOL

DH is mowing the back field. Weather is nice, but weather man says it's downhill from here.

Went to 2 groceries this morn & in one, all I bought was veggies! Came home,had lunch...then started cleaning & cutting up the veggies.Even shredded a bag of carrots & 1/2 head of cabbage. So glad I did, but glad to be done.

When I come home hungry,hate having to cut up veggies.Too often I settle for a salad of lettuce.
Hope everyome is having a good day.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:01 PM

I love seeing the pictures of y'all. I must admit I had forgot myself. I'll try to find one & post but like I said I shy away from picture been taken.

How have y'all done with your taboo this week? I had 1 diet coke over the week end while we were out at an Arts & Craft fair. Not too bad for the whole week.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:56 PM

I met that challenge. What is next?
Old 10-17-2011, 01:55 PM

Been three days since I checked in, and it sounds like everyone has been busy.

Bares, I'm sorry for your loss of your sister.

Currently I have about 5 lbs to go to meet my goal for the month, so I need to get my booty in gear. I can see a bigger difference in my pants, there is a couple of inches extra in the waist of them now. (I seem to carry all my weight in my belly.)
My husband is 28 lbs down and I am 14 down total since I started. I told him he needs to keep losing so I can lose some weight since it seems like I always end up at half of whatever he's lost. LOL

I hope everyone is avoiding their taboo foods and getting lots of water to drink.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by marscrafter
Currently I have about 5 lbs to go to meet my goal for the month, so I need to get my booty in gear. I can see a bigger difference in my pants, there is a couple of inches extra in the waist of them now. (I seem to carry all my weight in my belly.)
My husband is 28 lbs down and I am 14 down total since I started. I told him he needs to keep losing so I can lose some weight since it seems like I always end up at half of whatever he's lost. LOL

I hope everyone is avoiding their taboo foods and getting lots of water to drink.
Sounds like you are doing pretty good. I have most of my weight in the belly too. It's so nice to see the lose in inches.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:40 PM

I earned a gold star on this weeks challenge. But
the week before I messed up so bad I should give gold stars to everyone else. I can't wait to hear what is next.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:59 PM

I had two biopsies on a couple ugly moles today. It was supposed to be a tiny one on my leg and a tiny one on my upper right arm. Unfortunately the one on my arm ended being really big. I will get the pathology report in a week when I go back to get the stitches taken out. We are hoping it is nothing. The doctor thinks the one on my arm is either basal cell carcinoma or squamos (sp?) cell carcinoma. The one on my arm is KILLING me (I just took my pain meds so that will get better soon).

If I am not online much you guys will know why.

Please take care of you.

Missy
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM

Missy, I will think positive thoughts all week. I had a squamos (?) on my nose a few years back and was so impressed with how the doctor removed it and I can't even see where it was and a nose is not too big a place to work. Doctors have such fantastic skills in this area. Look forward to hearing from you. Sorry about the pain, but that keeps you from doing things you shouldn't I guess.
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I had two biopsies on a couple ugly moles today. It was supposed to be a tiny one on my leg and a tiny one on my upper right arm. Unfortunately the one on my arm ended being really big. I will get the pathology report in a week when I go back to get the stitches taken out. We are hoping it is nothing. The doctor thinks the one on my arm is either basal cell carcinoma or squamos (sp?) cell carcinoma. The one on my arm is KILLING me (I just took my pain meds so that will get better soon).

Please take care of you.

Missy
Old 10-17-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Murphy1
Missy, I will think positive thoughts all week. I had a squamos (?) on my nose a few years back and was so impressed with how the doctor removed it and I can't even see where it was and a nose is not too big a place to work. Doctors have such fantastic skills in this area. Look forward to hearing from you. Sorry about the pain, but that keeps you from doing things you shouldn't I guess.
Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Please take care of you.

Missy
Thank you so much Nancy. You are so right about the pain! I am taking is easy and just hanging in there. I am seeing that the two incisions are still bleeding. I am hoping it stops soon. If it keeps bleeding through the night I think I might call the doc in the morning. Not sure though.

Missy