Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-17-2011, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
I apologize for not stopping by. Now I have 6 pages to catch up on. I can't believe how busy I have been. Just finished patching my water bed - again. I KNEW I should've replaced that other patch that was there, and I was right. I have several meetings at school this week, Josh has his driving test tomorrow. We practiced parallel parking - he is 5 for 5 - perfect job. I just about have all my travel plans set up for our trip to Boston. I need to start my list for packing. I know my camera needs a new battery. I'm almost done piecing the backing for this bargello. I'd love to have it sandwiched this week, not sure how doable that is.

What is everybody working on? I am down 8# this month - mostly because I've been too busy to eat. I've lost enough weight that I can get my wedding ring on again. I have not done any exercise since my long walk last week. I'm mad at my knees.

I'll try to get caught up with what's happening with the group. Have a successful week!
Well you sure look pretty in that picture.I been busy too.Didn't eat much today.Made 10 gal of laundry soap,and a few gallons probably of dish soap.Sure saves on the $$ tho.I haven't bought store detergents in 2 yrs now.What a savings.Well,we're 1/2 way thru the month.It's a long one too.I am losing,tho not as good as I did earlier this summer.But am still working hard at it.Your doing great.Proud of you.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 AM

Posted weight loss for the week is 2.7. Down 5.5 pounds for the month. Now to change my avatar.

The one thing I have found is that I am not as interested in eating sweets. It is apple season, I need to eat more of them. When I was working I use to cut up an apple, put it in a sandwich bag and sprinkle cinnamon on it. I need to start doing that as a munch when I feel low in blood sugar. I can't say hungry, because I do feel hungry most of the time. What's with that?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 AM

Good morning everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend. DH and I were talking last night and decided we wanted to do something lets say "outside the box". For Christmas we are getting the whole family a gift certificate to go zip-lining. We (I'm 55 and DH is 52) decided we are not old yet so why are we acting like it. I'm hoping to drop 30 to 40 lbs by then (April or May). Below is a link to where we are going. There is a few other things that look fun. I'd like to go canoeing but I need to learn to swim first. I have all winter to do that. Positive and wonderful thoughts going out to all.

www.trueadventuresports.com
Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 AM

Good for you, Jeri! Get out there and have some fun!
I'll be leaving soon for my 3 day quilt retreat. There's probably no chance we could put this thread on hold for a few days so I don't miss out on anything good. lol
Old 10-17-2011, 06:27 AM

So sorry I haven't been posting that much but last week I had a quirky little accident at work. I work at a senior center part time and one of the drivers who delivers meals on wheels called off sick so I took over his route of 112 meals. Of course it rained so I was completely soaked (that is except for the area under my boobs it was dry there, lol) I have really long hair and I was wet and cold so I turned the heater on in the car and then my hair became a instant hugh frizzy mess. While backing down a really long driveway (no way to turn around) the car slid off of the road down into a culvert. I tried to drive it out but it just sank down in the mud. I opened the door and got out falling down about three feet and sinking into a muddy swamp. the car door swing back and struck me in the face and knocks me flat on my back into the mud and I hit my head on the concrete culvert. I was out like a light for I don't know how long, and I guess the rain woke me up. I split my eyebrow open from the car door and had a concusion. Thank God I had my phone in my pants pocket so that I could call for help. I was one hot mess when they came to help me. Every time I think about it it makes me laugh out loud. It only took a tow chain to get the car out of the culvert, and two really big guys to pull me up out of the mud. The loud sucking noise was the worst. LOL
I will try to post more even though I didn't get here in time for this month. I hope this make you laugh.
Lisa
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 AM

Lisa - Glad you weren't hurt too bad.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 AM

That sounds terrible. One terrible thing after another. I am so glad you had your phone with you. I hope you are healing and feeling better. What a story and calamity of events. Soooo sorry.
Originally Posted by ljs317
So sorry I haven't been posting that much but last week I had a quirky little accident at work. I work at a senior center part time and one of the drivers who delivers meals on wheels called off sick so I took over his route of 112 meals. Of course it rained so I was completely soaked (that is except for the area under my boobs it was dry there, lol) I have really long hair and I was wet and cold so I turned the heater on in the car and then my hair became a instant hugh frizzy mess. While backing down a really long driveway (no way to turn around) the car slid off of the road down into a culvert. I tried to drive it out but it just sank down in the mud. I opened the door and got out falling down about three feet and sinking into a muddy swamp. the car door swing back and struck me in the face and knocks me flat on my back into the mud and I hit my head on the concrete culvert. I was out like a light for I don't know how long, and I guess the rain woke me up. I split my eyebrow open from the car door and had a concusion. Thank God I had my phone in my pants pocket so that I could call for help. I was one hot mess when they came to help me. Every time I think about it it makes me laugh out loud. It only took a tow chain to get the car out of the culvert, and two really big guys to pull me up out of the mud. The loud sucking noise was the worst. LOL
I will try to post more even though I didn't get here in time for this month. I hope this make you laugh.
Lisa
Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Sorry, Lisa, but I did laugh when you mentioned the sucking sound. What an ordeal. I'm glad you came out of it okay.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the replys the only thing that still hurts a lot is my funny bone from laughing at myself so much.
Lisa
Old 10-17-2011, 08:19 AM
mim

what a great sense of humor !! I'm glad you weren't hurt worse, but a concussion is no laughing matter.

Mim