Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Does anyone try to make Vera Bradley  bags? >

Does anyone try to make Vera Bradley bags?

Does anyone try to make Vera Bradley bags?

Old 09-22-2014, 03:05 AM

I am not enamored by Vera Bradley, esp since they are manufactured in China. With that said, when I put up to 8 hours of time and $40-$50 into the material to make a purse, suddenly Vera prices are cheap buys! But my purses are one of a kind. I get random compliments all of the time. Interestingly, the local Vera retailer complimented me on my "Vera" bag! LOL!! Even she was fooled! I felt vindicated.

Sandy
Old 09-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
Luckily, I'm not a slave to names!
Well some brands are just better then others. So I look for that brand before buying another. I know I'll be getting what I expect. I have not found a tote or fabric purse with handles to stay standing or the sides not to collapse after washing. Even my oldest VB bag doesn't collapse or the handles fall down. I get annoyed when someone shopping with me say why by that when this looks the same but much cheaper. It's like they get put out because I buy the better one.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:42 AM

A LQS had a class in bags and they gave hand outs and I made mine from this handout. It was the regular vb that was a rectangular bag. It turned out great and I made a bunch. It also gave me ideas how to change the pattern and still make the purse work.
Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
I love the Vera Bradley bags,but not the high prices.l Has any one been able to make a similar bag in style and if so, do y ou have a pattern. Would love to make a few for myself but cannot find a pattern. Any help would be appreciarted.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:27 AM

I'm ordering the materials to make these for Christmas gifts. Seem simple enough. Just need to buy one $10 Vera Bradley placemat.

Originally Posted by Chester the bunny View Post
There is a Vera Bradley cosmetic bag here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33GLdsKDl1I&app=desktop
Old 09-22-2014, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

I wish I had thought to buy VB placemats at the 75% off sale! I have used other quality placemats and the bags turn out great. You want good placemats that can be washed.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Power Poster

Check out this book. There are some really nice styles in it and you cold make a custom to your color favorite bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Big-City-Bags-...=big+city+bags

There are many more pictures of the other bags in the book if you click on the main book picture.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:12 PM

http://sportingnow.com/Vera_Bradley_Fabric/Fabric
Old 04-15-2015, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Late Bloomer View Post
I love the Vera Bradley bags,but not the high prices.l Has any one been able to make a similar bag in style and if so, do y ou have a pattern. Would love to make a few for myself but cannot find a pattern. Any help would be appreciarted.
Hi, I am using a combination of 2 Simplicity patterns, plus some innovation of my own to copy a tote bag I purchased. They are Simplicity 1153, and 2201. I am using the one I bought for the details, and fabric I purchased.