Can't believe this

Old 06-14-2011, 01:36 AM

I want to be cremated as well but there are strict orders to sprinkle memover the Atlantic ocean at sunset.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by JulieR
Originally Posted by Airwick156
Some people ARE JERKS thats all I can say. Sorry to that Grandma that her family doesn't care about her anymore.
Maybe she doesn't have any family left.
No, they probably are busy spending the last dime she saved!-Have 2 BIL's just like that!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
I just saw on their auction site that they were auctioning off a dental bridge that had gold in it that someone had donated... EWWWWWW!
- that actually is worth something- what is more disturbing is in Milwaukee WI years ago was a place that would take other peoples dentures and reline them for someone else. Having worked in the dental field that is not something appealing in the least- then again I haven't been desperate for teeth
Old 06-14-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by writerwomen
Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
I just saw on their auction site that they were auctioning off a dental bridge that had gold in it that someone had donated... EWWWWWW!
- that actually is worth something- what is more disturbing is in Milwaukee WI years ago was a place that would take other peoples dentures and reline them for someone else. Having worked in the dental field that is not something appealing in the least- then again I haven't been desperate for teeth
My friend had a husband and wife that worked for her and they worked different shifts. They shared 1 set of dentures!!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:52 PM

Okay- so this occured to me in the middle of the night- for all who are saving urns have you made long term plans for when you are no longer in possesion of them. Do you will them to your kids? Is your anticipation that your kids and grandkids just accumilate family members ashes?
Seriously, think about it- Eventually someone is either going to end up with a house full of urns and ashes or they will be left with a decision that may seem offensive to other family members.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:09 AM

You all do know, that you do not need to actually buy a urn?? My brother-in-law passed on..and he wanted to be cremated and have his ashes spread at our cabin (his favorite place to visit). So his ashes were placed in a coffee can to start with. Every member of his family, took some of the ashes and walked the entire 40 acres and spread them. On our mantel in our cabin, we have a box (no ashes in it) with his name on it etc..decorated beautifully with encarvings etc... just as a remembrance. My step dad..his went into a coffee can also and was spread on the river he loved to much..behind his house.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns
You all do know, that you do not need to actually buy a urn?? My brother-in-law passed on..and he wanted to be cremated and have his ashes spread at our cabin (his favorite place to visit). So his ashes were placed in a coffee can to start with. Every member of his family, took some of the ashes and walked the entire 40 acres and spread them. On our mantel in our cabin, we have a box (no ashes in it) with his name on it etc..decorated beautifully with encarvings etc... just as a remembrance. My step dad..his went into a coffee can also and was spread on the river he loved to much..behind his house.
- Thank you- Death is death and wrapping it pretty or hanging on forever does nothing. The bible clearly states- to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior your absent from the earthy shell of the body. If you haven't then there isn't much to look forward to. Personally I'd rather donate what can be used of this earthy body to help someone who can still use it- heart, eyes etc. Our oldest son at a young age described being a donor like this- It's like legos, you take one part off of a building that no longer needs it to make another one better and stronger.- The words of a child.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cizzors
And I cremate my fur kids...and keep them!
me too, they go in urn at churchyard with me when I croak.