Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many machines? >

How many machines?

How many machines?

Old 06-18-2011, 04:08 AM

One Babylock serger, one Pfaff sewing machine, one Brother embroidery machine and one Mega quilter.....all of which I use regularly and have been known to have the quilter, embroidery machine and sewing machine all going at the same time....lol. I just recently donated an old Kenmore and serger to the high school drama department in my area - both in excellent working order - along with about 200 yards of fabric. Was time to de-stash.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:09 AM

I have 4 - all set up to do a different job that I think they do better than another machine - I change where I sit instead of wasting time re-threading and changing feet etc.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:17 AM

I have 4

1895 Standard Treadle - my favorite and is used all the time. I do most of my piecing on it
1919 Singer 66 Red Eye Treadle - Picked it up at a yard sale and cleaned it up. It works but may go to a new home if I can find the right one.
1950's Singer 15-91 - used on a regular basis mostly for machine quilting.
1970's Singer 758 Touch N Sew - bought new and is my go to machine when I do machine applique or anything where I need a zig zag stitch.

I wouldn't mind having a featherweight simply for the ability to pack them around easily when I need to and I have no interest in the newer machines. If the right one comes along it will be mine.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:21 AM

I have a Janomi Memorycraft 3000, my little reliable, work horse. DH got me a small one for travel too & it does darn near everything the other one does, so love it too. Then I want a frame, so I got a Viking Sapphire 830, & later a Grace Mini Pinn frame, they stay together, so I can use the frame whenever. I also have a serger, which I don't use too much, now that I am mainly a quilter. Had another old machine or two, but didn't use them, so gave them to Goodwill. Not FWs, don't worry... That's enough machines for me, lol....
Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 AM

1 treadle, 2 Featherweights, 2 Viking embroidery, Brother 1500, Juki 98Q, Viking Lily, 2 sergers (Pfaff and Viking) and an HQ Sweet Sixteen sit-down.....whew! This is the first time I have actually counted them...I know, I know, I'm a spoiled little quilter, and I LOVE it!! To justify this, we have two homes - 1 in Wisconsin and 1 in Arizona, so I have sewing space in each home, and I use all of my machines (except for the treadle) regularly. My DH spends his $$ on tractors, trailers and lawn equipment :-)
Old 06-18-2011, 04:22 AM

I have my grandmother's treadle - needs a new belt so I've never used it. A Bernina and a Pfaff which I use regularly. A BabyLock Audry for travel. A very old Singer that was a gift - it works great but weighs a ton. My last acquisition was a Singer that I found at a garage sale - has all it's parts and works great. I think it's about 40 years old. I'm looking for a Featherweight, once I get that I'm calling it quits.
Oh, also have the Handiquilter Sweet Sixteen for quilting.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:26 AM

We have 7 machines for two sewers- 2 FW's, a 99 treadle, a Janome MC 4000, a riccar serger, a singer 301 and a Bernina 430. I love them all, but generally use my FW at my camper only.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:30 AM

I am down to 7 now - sold 3 to pay for my HQAvante' - 7 sewing machines and 1 mid arm.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:35 AM

I currently have a Europro, Brother sewing/embroidery, vintage Singer Touch and Sew, Singer Featherweight, and a serger. I've given away another vintage Singer,a vintage White, a Brother, and a Europro. Looking for a Singer Treadle, and wishing for a LA.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:38 AM

One 70 year old Singer that I use constantly, and three other much newer machines that I use rarely since the Singer is so reliable.