Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tempted to do an act of kindness >

Tempted to do an act of kindness

Tempted to do an act of kindness

Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 AM

Good for you . You are not a sucker . Thank god for a little kindness in the world bless you .
Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 AM

You are a wonderful soul. We have all been down... some more than others but I know we are also capable of lifting others up.

Blessings.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:28 AM

I might call you generous, loving, kind, tuned into God, but NEVER a sucker! That strong urging you felt was from a loving Father who uses us to take care of His downtrodden children. Good job, your act of kindness will be rewarded. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-08-2011, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

God bless you for your kindness! He sees your heart, and hers. :)
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

You did a wonderful thing!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

You did a wonderful thing. You will be blessed,
Old 08-08-2011, 07:54 AM

All of you generous people are smart not gullible because the bible says what ever you do for the least of us you do for Him.

There are two men who sit in the entrance to our supermarket. They don't look hungry because we have a place that feeds them but I made them both knitted scarves because it was cold and they didn't have any. So many of you make charitable gifts.
We have two foreign born women one old one young who collect recycle bottles all over the area day and night. We save our bottles for them and once month I give them $20.
It's also nice to give young people trying to get through school a good tip.they are the working poor.

Lastly, it steams my glasses that our government is generous with foreign
countries but we have Katrina survivors and homeless and unemployed just making it working families and our government is not effective. Church

members and those of us who are barely getting by have to do it. Im not saying kindness to those in other countries is not a good thing. Ijust wonder how ourgreat nation can have needs that the government is not dealing with. There's something wrong here!

Adding, giving to a food pantry each time we get monthly groceries would be a way to reach out to people too proud to ask on the streets.

I'm cautious about giving money to alcoholics or drug addicts because it keeps them in their addictions and if they don't reach a bottom they don't get better. God expects us to help them by not enabling them. He will then bring them to sobriety. I don't want to get in His way. It's confusing but not helping them is helping them get to recovery.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:36 AM

Kindness always counts even if the receiver is not deserving. It is the gift that matters not the worthiness of the recipient. It is only when you give with a price tag attached that you become the "sucker". I am in no position to determine who is worthy and who is not. My job is to be open and listening with my heart, not to judge others.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 AM

You were just obeying the nudge from God. It doesn't matter what she does with the money really. It's more important that you listened. I thank God for folks like you!
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 AM

You certainly were her angel that day. Thank you for your kindness. It will come back to you many times over.