Tired of carping!

Old 09-24-2011, 07:07 PM

I was shopping at my favorite, Lenore's Fabric and Yarn, and traded a few words with some other customers. And now I am invited to their quilters' meeting on Monday. Soon I may have some face-to-face quilting friends. :lol:

And if you don't like carping------try bassing or catfishing.

:thumbup:
Old 09-24-2011, 07:18 PM

oh my gosh froggy, this was the biggest lift of my evening! I just finished cleaning after my cat teased and teased to come in and ran into the living rm to throw up on the rug!
reading thru all the replies set me to laughing out loud, carping is a block, and carp fishing - lol!

The reason I am addicted (yes, I will admit it ADDICTED to this site) is: I truely believe in the people who post here always post from the heart. I don't do anything else on the computer remotely like this. I belong to a varity of groups, and this is the only one I go to now.

I don't think people carp as much as they need to vent so they don't explode, are in a corner and need advice, care, concern, are feeling down due to illnesses - their own or others, feel afraid they are alone, feel too inadequit to do anything- let alone start quilting on their own.

It might seem some of the same issues come up, quilting or otherwise, but there are so many of us, and so many areas to post, and so many new people coming on, and, lets face it - so many of us in the same boat it might sound on the surface like carping - but, froggy dive deeper! We are not a shallow group! We need each other and are here for each other - sometimes we may sound sharp, but words can be read in many tones, I dont think any of us carp to all that much (not even you carping we carp too much - lol! oh, that just cracks me up - someone posted you're complaining about complaining)

You are all on the otherside of a glass wall, away from me, and there are times when I wish so hard you were all living next door and could all come for coffee or tea and cookies and help me on a quilt, or just to talk! I love the way this group works and wouldnt want it changed for anything.sharet
Old 09-24-2011, 07:21 PM

It's too bad we can't all live in Happy Valley and be stepford women, but this is life, the good the bad and the ugly!!! We are who we are, take us or leave us, none of us if perfect, but oh don't we have fun here????
Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by donnajean
You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
Uh, yeah...
Old 09-24-2011, 09:16 PM

"there seems also to be a constant need to be right/correct about every definition of every quilting term no matter whether there is a widely accepted defintion".

I agree with you on this. Certain board members seem to have a snappy or snide remark too often. That's when I have to move on to the next topic. I truly believe that if anyone feels the need to always do this or to always be the "know it all" then they should move on to the next topic and not post anything. Just like the saying "if you can't say anything nice.....
Old 09-25-2011, 03:02 AM

You don't have to read them, you can just pass over them.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
You wrote a very negative post - about negativity. I don't think QB members predominately post negative comments. I find the board very positive & supportive.
I agree. There are always praises on the QB. Tons of times I've read where someone has finished their quilts and look at the number of remarks that are made about how lovely and beautiful the quilts are. And, this is only one tiny sample of the love that is shown here on the QB.

Times are hard and it is a frustrating world out there.

BUT, my heart goes out to the lady from Texas. Sometimes you get down in a dump or are having a bad day and maybe this was just a way for her to vent. If this is so, I would like to send her a great big """HUG""" and I hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:24 AM

I really see more positive comments that negative, It is a great board with lots of great people on them, guess you just wanted to vent like some of our members do.. Glad to have this board!
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 AM

A BIG THANK YOU to my wonderful daughter who came in yesterday and sat on my lap(she is 22) and told me that I was the best MOM. To know that she will always love me no matter what. WOW!!!! my baby is growing up.My wonderful DH that leaves me to go fight for our Freedom.My wonderful friend who tell me to eat when he is gone and to stay healthy.
Thank you Board Members for reading this.
Old 09-25-2011, 03:29 AM

This board is wonderful. There are all kinds of emotions in life and we share them all. If someone is having a bad day who can they complain to but a friend. If you don't
want to read a post don't read it.