Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • male quilters >
  • male quilters

• male quilters

Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 AM

The only problem I have with male quilters are they cause me to spend too much money. Their quilts are sooo beautiful that I think I must make one like theirs. I have purchased material, books, fusible interfacing just to name a few items to make quilts like they have posted. Currently I have a Dresden Plate quilt ready to put together which I received so much help from Chuck. I have a William Morse quilt ready to put together inspired and helped by Eddie. Thanks guys for being a part of our board and I miss it when you don't post even if it costs me. Ready for another inspiration from you.
    Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
    I picked my hubby up in Wal-Mart....he had a cute butt. And Wal-Mart has liberal return policy!!!!

OMGoodness ~ I nearly snorted my coffee!!!!! Thanks for the laugh out loud moment!

After 47 years together, I guess in our marriage ~ Wal Mart wouldn't let either of us be returned, even on our best days! LOL

Last edited by onaemtnest; 05-03-2013 at 04:47 AM.
    Old 05-03-2013, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by alikat110
    I picked my hubby up in Wal-Mart....he had a cute butt. And Wal-Mart has liberal return policy!!!!
    My goodness alikat, now I have heard everything. I knew Wal-Mart had everything but I didn't know they had husbands. Is he a quilter and was he made in America? LOL
    Old 05-03-2013, 07:35 AM

Good luck in your search, I know there are male quilters all over-I know that the art is being passed on to the young male generation too, as one of the best young quilters I know is a 12 year old boy.
    Old 05-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Reporters will go anywhere and everywhere to get a story lead. This board is a seemingly good place to start. As a man who probably does not quilt and has no idea about where to go with this, this does seem a likely place to go. After all, it does say quiltboard on the header of this board. Just sayin'.
    Old 05-03-2013, 11:06 AM

Kuntry quilter: One of your TN male quilters might be my son--from Macon county--but, if not, maybe there are three here in TN. Even though it is only machine quilting on a Gammill, he is really good. Took over my Gammill completely and I don't mind at all.....I might give his name to Ray.
    Old 05-03-2013, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Swimdangit
    I'm a freelance reporter for the Ashland (Ky.) Daily Independent. I'm trying to find a male quilter who lives in Boyd, Carter, Greenup or Lewis counties in Kentucky or the Huntington, W.Va. areas for a story I hope to write. I'd appreciate the help.

Ray Schaefer
    This just doesn"t set well with me.....Surely if this guy is for real a reporter for the ADI he would have access to lots of ways to get info without contacting the QB... I only read the first msg in this Thread but it sure sent off alarms.
    Old 05-03-2013, 05:27 PM

Ray, I live in Owensboro, Kentucky and know an excellent male quilter for you to interview. He even hand quilts! Contact me if you cannot find anyone closer.

Last edited by patricej; 05-04-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon
    My goodness alikat, now I have heard everything. I knew Wal-Mart had everything but I didn't know they had husbands. Is he a quilter and was he made in America? LOL
    And now, the rest of the story: I was out late shopping and overheard the checkout girls talking about this "really cute guy" working in the sporting goods department. I was free and available. Went back to check him out. It really was love at first site so i talked to him. After that, the check out girls did not have a chance. We've now been married 16 years. He has increased in value, so I don't think Wal Mart could give me what he is worth. But I don't mind telling every once I. A while, that I'm considering exchanging him!
    He is definately made in America. Not a quilter, but tolerates my hobby...just like I tolerate his dirt bikes. I like us having different hobbies.

Last edited by alikat110; 05-03-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Old 05-03-2013, 06:21 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by onaemtnest

OMGoodness ~ I nearly snorted my coffee!!!!! Thanks for the laugh out loud moment!

After 47 years together, I guess in our marriage ~ Wal Mart wouldn't let either of us be returned, even on our best days! LOL
    I plan on keeping mine, but I like to keep him on his toes!!!!