Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Going to Paducah >

Going to Paducah

Going to Paducah

Old 03-26-2010, 04:40 AM

Lucky you!!!!
Old 03-26-2010, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by GMA
some friends and I went to Paducha but not during the show and had a great time. There wasn't any problem with parking or hotel rooms or anything. The shops were wonderful. We bought $4 material at Elenor Burns shop and just had a blast. don't need to be there during the show time.
That's right! Eleanor Burns has a shop downtown - across from a bank (sorry I don't know the name) but the fabrics are NOT the usual $9-$10 price - As I remember they were all under $5 a yard. Make sure you visit there when you go! The staff is ultra friendly and very helpful!
Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 AM

I would like to comment on some of the other comments concerning Paducah. Parking is sometimes a problem downtown, but you can park at Hancock's of Paducah, at the Mall or at several of the hotels and take the free shuttle, which runs frequently. Schedules are available almost everywhere. I disagree that you don't have to go during the show. The atmosphere is so wonderful during show week as the whole town gets involved. Quilts are hanging at the hotels, restaurants, vacant store windows, etc. Also, you will rarely find this many vendors in one place, many with special show prices. One other place to see quilts and more vendors and The Hoffman Challenge is the Rotary Club. They have a wonderful display of antique quilts each year. Eleanor Burns has a sewing school on Saturday, Sunday and Monday before the show at Carson Park. Tents are full of fabric under $5/yd and she does 3 shows a day that is a must see. Hotels are very expensive and fill up quickly, but there are alternatives. Bed and Breakfasts, individuals who rent spare rooms during show week or staying an hour or two out of Paducah. I love going to Paducah and urge every quilter to go at least once.
Connie in Indianapolis
Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 AM

I DID NOT KNOW THIS......but Paducah is a 6 hour drive from my house!!!!

Yahoo....maybe I could drive there, might have to sleep in my car...don't have a room yet nor have I discuss this thought with him yet.

Gotta dry my eyes and think and plan....MAYBE I MIGHT GO TO PADUCAH.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by Sparky
I went about 3 years ago and figured I had bought enough for 4 years, so hope I can go again next year.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: Guess I had better get another credit card :roll:
I spent way too much at the Chicago show last year :oops: . But, I am going back again...I'm so want to go to Paducah. Just not this year.
Take an apple, maybe a sandwich and definately a bottle of water. You'd be surprised how much energy all that looking and shopping take out of you... ;-)
Old 03-26-2010, 01:14 PM

I am going looking forward to it. My husband is taking me for our anniversary.Hope he doesn't get to bored. we are going for 3 days Wed.,Thurs., and Friday. This is my first I am new to the quilting world but really enjoy it.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM

wear comfortable shoes. Yes, take lots of pics. You just need to show up and buy a ticket to see the show. Classes are probably filled by now but look for the free mini classes. Take your time, ask lots of questions and have a ball.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:42 PM

Yes you can take pictures of the quilts. It is awesome show.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM

Send hubby downtown if he gets bored. They have a nice area to explore.
Old 03-26-2010, 04:44 PM

Sassy I have never been to the quilt show in Kansas. Where is it at? & where in Texas do you live? Thank You