Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
bargello tute >

bargello tute

bargello tute

Old 04-11-2010, 05:58 PM

Waiting for this tutorial has been harder than waiting for Christmas when I was (much) younger....I can hardly stand myself I am so excited about starting this adventure. :-D

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

HAPPY DANCING HAPPENING AS WE SPEAK......
Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 PM

OK, lets get going. We will make a bargello.
What I have planned is to do a quilt with eleven fabrics using 2 1/2 in. strips, cut the width of the fabric.
I usually chart these out and color in the spaces with crayons. I have one picture of a quilt that was taken hanging up, so I will use that to show how both the designed that I posted on page one of this thread.

I have marked up this photo to show the fabric sequence numbering, starting with #1 going down through #11. After cutting our strips we arrange our fabrics the same to construct the panels which will be cut in the next step.

11 colors arranged with the diamonds and circles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54449[/ATTACH]

using the same four sections, instead of turning one upside down, we will stack them to get the repeats
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54450[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54449.jpe   attachment-54450.jpe  
Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 PM

You will need at least 7/8 yd. of each of the 11 fabric, plus enough for borders and binding. If you want to be safe, buy 1 yd. That will allow for a wong cut somewhere along the way.

Any questions?
Old 04-12-2010, 02:42 AM

I probably didn't read carefully.
What size will this be, before the borders and bindings?
Old 04-12-2010, 03:07 AM

Your quilts are beautiful!!! This is actually one pattern I've never done and would like to one day!! Will your tute stay on the board for awhile? As right now, I have 4 in progress and one trying to figure out what to do (dad)!! I would like to do one for my dad could this be done in a lap size? If so, would the block sizes be the same and would it still come out with enough design in it to make it worthwhile?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:10 AM

The pieced top before borders will be 77 wide by 88 long.

Originally Posted by Newby0709
I probably didn't read carefully.
What size will this be, before the borders and bindings?
Old 04-12-2010, 04:56 AM

Yes, the tutorial will stay on the board. You can bookmark it to come back later for reference.
You could adjust the size of the strips and/or number of fabrics to make it shorter. Adjust the width of the cuts going across the quilt for a more narrow quilt. You could also pick out a section of the quilt and just do that part.

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
Your quilts are beautiful!!! This is actually one pattern I've never done and would like to one day!! Will your tute stay on the board for awhile? As right now, I have 4 in progress and one trying to figure out what to do (dad)!! I would like to do one for my dad could this be done in a lap size? If so, would the block sizes be the same and would it still come out with enough design in it to make it worthwhile?
Old 04-12-2010, 05:09 AM

Thanks so much!! Trying to figure out something for dad that I could put together before June!! I know not much time but, I work best under pressure!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-12-2010, 05:16 AM

I just realized that the above photos don't show all the repeat pattern across the quilt. So here is another photo of the section that will be constructed.
You will make four of these. Once finished you will be able to arrange to your liking.
You can click on the download link and the photo will open larger. You could print out four of these and practice arranging the to suit you taste.

one section across the quilt measurement is 77 in.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54222[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54222.jpe  
Old 04-12-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Barb_MO
Patrice has created a virtual section for the tutorial and follow along.
You will want to go to the Home page and scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the virtual section. find the Barb_MO's Bargello Tutorial and subscribe to it if you want to follow along as we start the journey to Bargello land.
Actually, since I didn't have any virtual sections yet, had to click on User Defined Sections, then found Barb_MO's Bargegello Tutorial, and then click on subscribe. Yipee! Now I am good to go! :thumbup: