Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sleepin' under store-bought >

Sleepin' under store-bought

Sleepin' under store-bought

Old 05-29-2010, 03:49 PM

I always used my bed-in-a-bag set. I had it from before I started quilting (side note, probably time for new seats) and didn't worry about it. When I got married and moved in with DH, he brought the quilt I had made him for Xmas, so in a round-about way I ended up with a quilt I made on my bed.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Same here, make quilts for all my family, then comes me. I really want to make ME a table topper for my dining room table. Really bad.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:45 PM

Not me, I have made two king size quilts for my bed and several lap quilts, I make one for someone else, and one for me:) and two for a good charity and a gift for me, I have also made my mom and I a few matching quilts just because..... Oh so much fun!!!!!!! I love all the quilts.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 PM

OOH, I sort of feel guilty. My first quilt was actually made for myself and DH. It took 3 yrs to finish but it is on our bed. I've also made a big throw quilt for myself out of scraps from pillows for my granddaughters. Guess I put myself first and other loved ones second. I made a youth quilt and gave it to the twins to share. I now have material for several other quilts that aren't even started but I plan to make them for DH (a John Deere quilt), my brother (a patriotic quilt)and one for my dear friend. I just need good easy patterns to follow.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:13 PM

I have been working on one for three yrs. now. we have a bed spread with everything that matches. My Dh does wonder when I will get to ours, but he doesn't know he will have to paint so the walls match.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:50 AM

Store bought here. I to have one in the works for my bed. I have been working on this one for some time. It seems to get pushed back so that I can work on something for someone else. I must get this finished.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelwoman
Everything I've made I've given away. I'd love to have one for our bedinstead of store bought, but right now a California King seems just too daunting. I have several designed in my head though. :-)
That is what we bought, a california King, I just jumped in though and am 1/2 way done with the top. Just have to finish sewing all the blocks together. have to wait for the kids to go back to school so I can move the furniture in the living room and lay it all out again. What a pain. Will just do stitch in the ditch for the quilting, and will also double batting since my hubby wants it puffy. (Is that a word) will post pics when done.
I think I will have to lower the ac down to 50 or I will probably roast to death while I am trying to quilt it.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Power Poster

I do, but for a very good reason. Woof Woof. Only when I no longer have a dog will I put my hard work on the bed.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:38 AM

That certainly brings back memories. My husband was in the Marines for almost 28 years. He hates change in the house (must be the barracks inspection mentality). So I learned to wait until he was deployed, then I did what I wanted in the house - painted rooms, bought furniture, got rid of furniture, stopped cooking, ate popcorn for dinner if that's what I wanted. Being a military wife isn't easy but it's a good life once you learn to go with the flow.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
Are there any other quilters out there who find themselves sewing every day.... but still sleep under store-bought blankets? My hubby finally yelled out to me today "MAKE SOMETHING USEFUL!" I told him I do, I just give those big ones away. Whoops! I guess I'd better finish one for our bed now, huh?
I have to laugh a bit because just the other day my DH said "When are you going to make a REAL quilt for our bed?" I said I did.. (It's a raggy quilt that I embroidered 90 blocks). He said "No, I mean a REAL QUILT, the kind that you make without those strings all over it." I guess after I finish up my sons, then do my daughters, I'll be making us one... Men! They can be so pushy!! :lol: