Silly Misconceptions:

Old 06-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Kas

I thought Captain Kangaroo could see me eating my breakfast and changing out of my nightgown when I was little. I would make Mama turn it off before I would get dressed.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

When I was little, I thought there was only ONE (Ben Franklin, Montgomery Ward, Sears, etc) of these stores and that was "our" one.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:58 PM
rb.

Mine was stupid-funny when I first realized it, but after that moment it's made me very sad...

I was born halfway through the 60s. I grew up in Canada, but on the border with the US, and more than half our tv stations were American. I remember growing up, watching that little black and white tv, seeing the horrible news all the time...Vietnam, protests, etc.

Well, by the time I was about 7 or 8, we finally had a colour tv. That would have been around 1972? I remember watching tv, and thinking how cool colour was, then a show would come on without colour. At the bottom of the screen, in little black or white letters it would say "Black and White". Well, if you don't think young ones pick up on things, think again. For many years, I thought that meant that both black and white people were allowed to watch the show. That memory makes me want to cry every time I think of it.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:27 PM

My mother told me if I crossed my eyes that they would stay that way------I tried and tried to get them to stay that way but they never did-----
Old 06-20-2010, 08:47 PM

When I was 14, co-joined twins had been born. They were called Siamese Twins then, anyway I was in our glassed in porch and called my mom, dad, aunt and uncle to come quick and see the siamese butterflies in our window. I never did live that one down (mating butterflies)
Old 06-20-2010, 08:57 PM

Oh too funny lylamrie. Hmmm, let's see, when i was little, i noticed that nuns didn't wear wedding rings, and didnt have children lol. So when i saw a wedding proposal on tv, i yelled oh yuk, he put the ring on her finger, now she's gonna have a baby!!! lol Yup i thought the ring had special powers to make babies lol
Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Google Goddess

interesting thread, thanks for all of the laughs
Old 06-20-2010, 10:19 PM

I used to drive a lot.. and I'd take my kids along some of the time.. My son was learning what all the road signs meant.. He'd look at them and tell me what they meant... it was great fun until we came to a sign that had an arrow pointing straight up.. He could not figure out how any car could go that way!

I also had to explain to one of them what was meant by a sign that said "Dead End Campers Only" the child wanted to know what a dead end camper was? I had to turn around and go back to see what sign they had read... I laughed so much about that. Anyone ever seen a dead end camper?
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 AM

This is great! If we keep going, hey - we could write a book - alot of laughter here!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:06 AM
rb.

This one was a neighbour's. Mom and two neighbour ladies sitting around the kitchen table having coffee in the 70s. Somehow discussion turns to feminine hygiene products. Mom and one neighbour end up talking about thank goodness we don't need those belt contraption things any more to hold things in place each month. Third woman, in her early 40s, is aghast at them. How could they possibly use those feminine products with adhesive...they hurt so bad when you pull them off! :lol: